Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:26:51 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Automatic parts car??? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Automatic parts car???  (Read 1328 times)
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« on: May 22, 2008, 09:53:39 am »

Anyone have an automatic parts car? Or know where one may be found.  Converting to auto and need shifter, linkage, brackets, etc.   Thanks, Gary
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 09:38:00 pm »

I have one showing up tomorrow that is getting the 3800SC and converting from an auto to manual while at it so I can save the auto parts for you. But if you can give me a couple of weeks to get caught up I can come up for a day or two so we can get some work done on your car. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 11:17:38 pm »

I have one showing up tomorrow that is getting the 3800SC and converting from an auto to manual while at it so I can save the auto parts for you.  Dan

Thanks Dan.  I am just fed up looking at that POS and need a change.  I have to take apart The tank and save some bits for the new beater.  Windshield, exhaust, and other bits.  I figured I'd drop the subframe and do something with the power train. It has 260K on it but runs nice and pulls strong.  At least it hasn't been sitting for 6 or 7 years.   Cry  It's just an S1 3800/4T60E, but I don't need something fancy.  The insurance guys here are a real pain too.

But if you can give me a couple of weeks

Forgotten my blinding pace?   Embarrassed   Evil

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 08:57:22 am »

I have to take apart The tank and save some bits for the new beater.

You're tanking the tank already?   Huh    Did spring time on your road beat it to bits?

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 10:31:47 am »

You're tanking the tank already?   Huh    Did spring time on your road beat it to bits?

It wasn't that pretty to begin with, but it's starting to be annoying.  The struts are shot, the rest of the suspension had a tough winter.  I jacked the back up and lost part of the rear suspension  Embarrassed  to rust.  The cowl where the front door bolts on isn't too great either.

It got replaced by a 92 Olds 88.  The interior is pretty rough due to life as a hockey mom's ride.  It has only 160K and is pretty solid.  On the road for 700.00 is hard to argue with.  Country driving seems to favour the cheap beater, rather than destroy something nice and expensive.
lacelles
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 11:11:05 am »

Anyone have an automatic parts car? Or know where one may be found.  Converting to auto and need shifter, linkage, brackets, etc.   Thanks, Gary
Hi Gary, if you want to sell the manual stuff, I might eventually convert my fiero to manual...  Let me know how much, I might be interested.

Thanks
Stephane

-- 1999 Buick Regal GS 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
-- 1987 Fiero GT 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
http://www.lacelle.ca
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Automatic parts car??? « previous next »
Jump to: