Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:31:51 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Front Coil Spring Removal « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Front Coil Spring Removal  (Read 4053 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2003, 02:51:28 am »

This might be a bit late but, better late than never.

I just changed my shocks and springs but didn’t want to buy or rent a tool, so I made one.  It’s the simplest little thing and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on any spring.  All you have to do is use different sized bolts for different sized springs.

Anyway, let me know if you want to use them.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2003, 10:42:16 am »

I just changed my shocks and springs but didn’t want to buy or rent a tool, so I made one.  It’s the simplest little thing and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on any spring.  All you have to do is use different sized bolts for different sized springs.

Anyway, let me know if you want to use them.

Thanks Aaron, but I managed to find a spring compressor a while back which works similar to a pair of forceps.  It has no problem reaching in between the control arms.

Now I just have to get off my butt and start changing out the bushings...   Roll Eyes

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2003, 05:02:01 pm »

Nice equipment!

I don't blame you if you don't want to use my cheep stuff.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2003, 09:06:55 am »

Nice equipment!

I don't blame you if you don't want to use my cheep stuff.

Nothing to do with cheap vs. expensive, trust me.  It does have everything to do with not knowing that there was someone nearby with access to a rather large array of nifty equipment for making stuff as needed when I purchased the compressor.   Smiley

You'll rarely see me turn down a functional custom job when something "nice" is available off-the-shelf.  Heck, I'm the person who used an old BBQ tank & a handful of plumbing parts to make a ballast tank for my wife's little airbrush compressor.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2003, 03:20:54 pm »

Sweeeeeeeet!

I have total respect for innovative thinking. Cool

What about Gary’s little Italian job’y.

Aaron

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Front Coil Spring Removal « previous next »
Jump to: