Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:11:00 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 Fiero owners « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 88 Fiero owners  (Read 4806 times)
GoFast88
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004, 09:46:22 am »

Aaron --- you have 15" tire too??
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004, 12:43:45 pm »

I have 15" now but I'll have to get 16” when I do my brakes.

What I'm going to do is get a set of C4 or C5 Corvette front callipers and rotors (E-Bay seems to have the best prices), and mount them in the front. Then move my front callipers to the rear, buy a Willwood adjustable proportioning valve and that should do it.  However if I don’t have enough in the rear I will go with your kit (GSXRBobby) in the rear.

In the end if it looks like I’m going to need an E-brake then I’ll install a separate calliper.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2004, 12:30:28 am »

Trust me, I took a wild ride in Crazydaves 88 and he had a brake setup just like this one, he only had stock replacement pads besides the front were more of a high performance. The car had a V-8 and was fast, his braking is what sold me on making this kit. It was kick a$$!!!
The stock caliper with larger rotors are just fine. That was sounds like alot of extra work, not that I am tring to just sell you this but....anyway. Let me know how thinks are going with that!
GoFast88
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2004, 12:12:55 pm »

I reallllly like my 15' so I will have to settle for a 11.25" system when the funds permit.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2004, 12:26:10 pm »

My brakes are good too.  They will pull all the negative G's that I want but on the track they start to fade after about a lap or so.  I need a major inprovement, but because of what I want to do with my brakes I will likely buy your package in order to get the rears so that I don't have to play with the proportioning valve too much other than adjusting the spring a bit.

Two questions.

1. are your prices in US dallars? (this is a Canadian forum)
2. con you post a pic of the drilled rotors so that I can see the pattern (some are better than others).

I did find a bunch of better prices on E-Bay for the cross-drilled and slotted rotors.  Are your rotors factory of aftermarket drilling?

I should add that I'm not a fan of drilled or slotted rotors due to wear, cracking, and the fact that they can't take as much abuse.

Aaron

« Last Edit: December 02, 2004, 12:30:54 pm by aaron88 » Logged

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 07:02:32 am »

Aaron I hate to say I am having a problem right now with the cross drilled rotors, the first place I went to has pist me off, the second place sent me a pair to look over and they are junk so I sent them back. The last 3 places are out in California and it looks like shipping is going to kill me. I do have one more place local here in Indiana, just waiting on the final price. here is what theres look like:

GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 07:55:59 pm »

The first bulk order of rotors were ordered earlier this week and should be here in 2 weeks, well depending on the Christmas rush. When they get here the machine shop is going to start making the brackets, rings and redrilling the rotors. I am hoping that shouldn't be more or at least much more than a week. So the first order should be ready to be shipped in about 3 weeks from now. The second bulk order of rotors will be ordered in 2 or 3 weeks from now, all the brackets and rings will all be made the first time so the second wave of orders will only have to wait for the rotors to be shipped and redrilled so they should be ready a week or 2 after the first order or should I just say 4 to 5 weeks from now.
Again, to be fair I am shipping them in the order I got the money from each person unless they do not have there second half. However, alot of the first orders I did get, they paid in full so they will get them in the first come first shipped order, again just to be fair.
No really new big news just passing along some info. to keep you guys updated.

I am still taking orders for the second bulk order of rotors.

At this point to just be safe, please start to e-mail me at 219customs@verizon.net
Bobby
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2005, 01:03:36 pm »

Well shipped the first order out yesterday and I am going to go get the second order in a hour. Thanks for everyones support.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2005, 01:05:12 pm »

Here are a few pictures
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 Fiero owners « previous next »
Jump to: