Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:25:10 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 Fiero owners « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 88 Fiero owners  (Read 4807 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:47:04 am »

I am going to start over as far as what car I am using. I am going to use my 86 GT panels on an 88 coupe. So I started to look into a brake upgrade for 88 Fieros and I like the 12" Corvette rotor upgrade. But the only deal out there I have found is West Coast Fieros 12" upgrade package. I went and talked to a local place about doing this upgrade today, making the needed brackets and a needed inner ring along with redrilling the Corvette rotors to match up to the Fieros bolt pattern. Plus a few other things that I will talk about soon if they can get it done at a good price.

So, if I can get extras made up 12" rotor package is there anyone here that would like to join in on having these done for there 88 Fiero?
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 11:16:43 am »

I'm soon going to be looking into doing something like this.  I'm thinking of using the Corvette 4 piston callipers as well though.  Moving the front brakes to the rear and removing the proportioning valve to even out the braking.  I haven't taken any measurement though.

Alternately one could use the Corvette callipers in the rear as well and leave the proportioning valve in.  This would remove all the damn sliders. Wink

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 10:44:31 pm »

Over the weekend I sat down with the shop owner and we did workout alot of questions. He is going to be calling me soon. However we both are doing this on the side so we can keep down the cost so there is not going to be a big push. I am hoping we can have at least 12 done and I was thinking about buying another dozen and selling a few on Ebay and holding a few for other forum memebers wanting them or guys needing replacements.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 03:48:18 pm »

Are you doing just the rotors?   Because I don’t think a 20% braking increase is going to be enough for me.  I’m looking more for 100% increase with no fade.  Although my way will require new rims to clear the callipers.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 07:22:50 pm »

I am looking at doing the rotors, the support brackets, the rotors inner ring, and looking for the best brake pads. After the ride I took with Crazy Dave in his 88 I was sold on this!!!
GoFast88
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 11:59:32 am »

I am interested in a brake upgrade for my 88. I have 17" available but have not decided which way to go. I have a list of the brake options available for the fiero's. Please feel free to add/modify so that the correct up to date information will be available.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:42:51 pm by GoFast88 » Logged
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 12:24:35 pm »

Right now we are looking at 18 guys getting on board. Anybody else?
egirard
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 04:21:29 pm »

Hi,

GoFast: very good document !!! One question, did someone know if the Archies Big Brake Kit will fit on 15" rims ?

Thanks,

ERic
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 12:24:37 pm »

Hi,

GoFast: very good document !!! One question, did someone know if the Archies Big Brake Kit will fit on 15" rims ?

Thanks,

ERic

No! 16" min.

Aaron

aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 12:29:13 pm »

Okay so I'm flip flopping on this one.  I may be leaning towards doing a two piston upgrade now.  It's just going to be that much easier with the rims and everything else, and it will stop just as fast, the only drawback is that the sliders will cause some uneven ware but not anything that will be noticed.

So long story short I may be on board if I like your design.  I'm assuming at this point that it's going to be the same as current 84-87 upgrade that Bubba Joe does (lathough it sounds like you are doing only the rotor and not the calipers, I need the calipers as well).

Aaron

« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 12:33:19 pm by aaron88 » Logged

GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 11:40:13 pm »

Mine are close to West Coast Fiero's set up, its a bit different I am tring to build it a little stronger but without adding extra weight. I am also tring to have them the right size so a 15" wheel will fit but that isn't my main concern, sorry!
I road in CrazyDaves 88 GT that had WCF's brake upgrade and it was really impressive, never thought just a rotor size would have made such a difference, oh ya!! Pay extra for performance pad guys, I was truely made a believer the other day!
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 04:17:16 pm »

The long awaited price is now ready:
$195.00 for caliper support bracket and inner hub ring
$200.00 for redrilled 12" standard rotors with 5 X 100mm bolt pattern
$380.00 for complete package (standard rotors):
(#4 12" rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
(#4 alum. inner hub rings that will support the rotor on the 88 Fiero hub)
(#4 caliper support brackets, #2 left sides and #2 right sides)
Or
$440.00 for complete package (cross drilled rotors):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
West Coast Fiero's prices
$305.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (US stock replacement rotors)
$255.00 for there front only set,"1/2 a set" (Imported replacement rotors)
$595.00 for there complete upgrade set (US stock replacement rotors)
$495.00 for there complete upgrade set (Imported replacement rotors)
$216.60 for there mounting kit (support brackets and inner hub ring)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EBAY COST:
$425.00 for a complete set (Standard rotors):
Or
$490.00 for a complete set (Cross-drilled rotors):
(#4 12" cross-drilled rotors with redrilled 5 X 100mm bolt pattern,#2 left and #2 right)
I am not going to be selling these on Ebay until all forum orders are filled and completed!
I am still getting things worked out with the several company that I am looking at to supply the rotors, so they should be up for sale soon.
I am going to have parts being made when I get some more orders in, they will be made and shipped within 3 to 4 weeks of the start date.
Anybody wanting to place an order, I will need half of the full payment up front, or you can make a full payment if you wish to do so. "The only reason I will need half down is I am buying all 100 rotors up front and paying for the shipping costs, and the # 3 set up costs (bracket set up, ring set up, rotor set up) are also needed up front.

As you can see above I am able to beat WCF's prices and we have made the brackets stronger with adding extra bolt threads and stronger steel. All parts are going to be cut very clean by laser and a sand-water cutter so te brackets will not be heated or worped!!!

And I am sorry to say I don't know yet if they will fit under a 15" wheel, I know they will not fit as they are, they may fit with some mods. and grinding to your caliper.

Again any questions feel free to post here or e-mail me thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
Thanks again Bobby
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 09:52:50 am by GSXRBOBBY » Logged
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 06:57:13 pm »

Here is the first ruff draft and I have to say they came out nice!!!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 05:26:07 pm »

Nice!!!

It's too bad this isn't what I'm looking for.

Aaron

GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2004, 11:58:14 am »

What are you wanting Aaron?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: 88 Fiero owners « previous next »
Jump to: