Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:03:12 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: custom mirrors « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: custom mirrors  (Read 6488 times)
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2004, 01:19:10 pm »

Just another thought.  Those mirrors aren't going to be garage door friendly.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 10:12:23 am »

I just want to torture a set of stock mirrors to add signals to them. Smiley  I want it to look stock tho. Smiley

ponder ponder...

Wasn't it the C4 'Vette that had the same mirror glass as the Fiero?  Wonder if there are any aftermarket mirrors for 'Vettes with the funky turn signals behind the glass which could be adapted (just thinking of Corvette vs. Fiero popularity here)?

I found a few sets for motorcycles a while back.  Neat idea, and I love the extra visibility factor of the blinkeys.  Hate the bend-over-at-the-counter price tag that went with them though.   Shocked

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroDough
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 02:02:03 pm »

I just want to torture a set of stock mirrors to add signals to them. Smiley  I want it to look stock tho. Smiley

ponder ponder...

Wasn't it the C4 'Vette that had the same mirror glass as the Fiero?  Wonder if there are any aftermarket mirrors for 'Vettes with the funky turn signals behind the glass which could be adapted (just thinking of Corvette vs. Fiero popularity here)?

I found a few sets for motorcycles a while back.  Neat idea, and I love the extra visibility factor of the blinkeys.  Hate the bend-over-at-the-counter price tag that went with them though.   Shocked

I got inspored by, *gasp* , a Ford truck! hehehe. I will dremel the side mirrors up front to get a turn signal setup in there with some amber reflective material. And then, with hyper bright leds, fashon backup lights in the mirrors as well! It's pretty smart. Smiley  that way when backing up, you don't turn into a curb or anything.

Just gonna try it out for fun.. got nothing to lose. Smiley

cheers!
Eric
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2004, 11:55:02 pm »

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\My Pictures\Car pics\pass mirror.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\My Pictures\Car pics\front of carbon fiber mirror.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Bob\My Documents\My Pictures\Car pics\carbon fiber mirrors.JPG
Here are the mirrors I got off of Ebay
FieroDough
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 06:46:04 am »

Those fit 100% on the Fiero? how much? and where?

Thanks!
Eric
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 07:20:26 pm »

Not yet they don't, I'm going to mount them either on the black plastic front corner of the windows or have a bracket come out of the door and cover that plastic corner.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2004, 11:13:15 pm »

I got time to play with them this weekend, I started by removing the trim panels. I then removed the old mirrors and the trim around the window. I took a piece of cardboard and made a templet and trimed it down until it fit just right. I traced the back of the mirrors on a piece of paper and marks the holes. I then lined it up on a piece of 20 Gauge sheet metal and marked it with a marker. Then I cut it out with my dremil and drilled the holes. bent the buttom and I am going to mount it up so it covers the old black plastic triangle I removed but I am going to mount them on the door so they open with the door. I will post some pictures soon.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2004, 01:26:36 am »

Made the brackets from 18 gauge sheet metal
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 01:30:48 am »

Removed the small black plastic triangle, then found that there was a lip that needed to be removed, a screw driver and a hammer did the trick. I cleaned it up and painted it.
I am also changing the dew strips, door locks, door handles, and some other stuff while the doors are apart. So I have some other work to do before there mounted on, held up they look good, they angle up alittle more than I wish but still look good.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2004, 09:02:49 pm »

They are mounted and on and they look great, I just need to wire in the LED turning signal lights and I will get some pictures posted soon.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 09:48:06 am »

Are they a solid mount or do they vibrate when driving?

Sounds like it's a good solid mount but sometimes a solid mount will vibrate anyway.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2004, 11:17:25 am »

I used a steel sheet metal and just incase I used a thick stip of steel to back it, I haven't had a chance to road test it yet, I'm still doing alot of other things to the car. I will let you all know soon and I will try to take pictures tonight.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2004, 10:12:36 pm »

Front view
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2004, 10:13:22 pm »

from behind
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2004, 10:14:04 pm »

it mounted to the door
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: custom mirrors « previous next »
Jump to: