Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:28:51 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: custom mirrors « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: custom mirrors  (Read 6487 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« on: January 27, 2004, 08:27:14 pm »

I was wondering if someone has used mirrors?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 08:29:04 pm by GSXRBOBBY » Logged
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 09:50:37 am »

Huh

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 09:59:28 am »

I was wondering if someone has used mirrors?

Yep, I have used them in the past, and I continue to use them every time when I'm out driving.

Sometimes I use one when shaving as well.   Grin

What do you have in mind?

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 06:21:38 pm »

I can't get it to show up, clip on the file of the first post, looking for a euro style mirror  Huh
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 07:11:47 pm »

I thought you had a speed shop.  Almost every aftermarket company for rods/trucks/imports has a shitload of different side mirrors.

The one in your pic looks to be mounted on the little triangle piece at the bottom of the windshield.  If you open your door with the side window up you'll see that it wants to use this space.  You'll need to carefully choose a mirror that does not interfere, or mount it so that it opens with the door.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 08:25:27 pm »

As far as the shop goes I don't have every book out there, or at least not yet  Wink
I have found a mirror and I am going to see if its going to work, I was hoping to find one that I knew would work.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 08:52:16 am »

I can't get it to show up, clip on the file of the first post, looking for a euro style mirror  Huh

I don't think the forum software recognizes files with an extension of .jpe as an image.  It should show up attached to this message.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 08:52:32 am by Don Guy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 10:22:53 am »

Hmmmm...I see a vibration issue here.  Do you want to be able to see that mirror?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 12:16:12 pm »

I wondered about that, I was hoping to talk to someone that has found a Euro type looking mirror that worked out in a good way.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 12:45:23 pm »

You can get the vibration out of any mirror by adressing the type of mounting.  All it really means is that you may have to modify the mirrors when you get them.

Aaron

GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 01:30:32 pm »

Mounting them is already going to be an issue, they are made to fit on a 92-95 CIVIC, I am looking at mounting them in the front of the window where the black plastic is above the old mirror?
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 02:15:57 pm »

Yes, you may have issues.  Hold the mirror on first to see if it will be hit by the window when you open the door.  If you are scrawny, you may be able to adapt and squeeze thru.

Other options are to roll down the window before opening the door. Grin

Or you may need to make a mount that will fasten to the door and end up when the plastic triangle is when closed.  I think this is doable.  I considered using a metal plate on the car and some of that magnetic sign stuff on the mirror mount to help steady it when closed.

If the shape of the mirror is right, it may mount up fine and clear everything.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 02:36:33 pm »

I am hoping it will line up right and not hit the window but I'm sure its going to be close! I was hoping to find a mirror that mounted on the door that had a new and better style to it but I don't see anyone finding them either?
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 04:44:15 pm »

I got it!!!

FieroDough
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2004, 08:42:12 am »

I just want to torture a set of stock mirrors to add signals to them. Smiley  I want it to look stock tho. Smiley

Cheers!
Eric
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: custom mirrors « previous next »
Jump to: