Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:53:36 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: winter slumber « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: winter slumber  (Read 1627 times)
2ML67
« on: October 09, 2005, 06:05:26 pm »

As of friday my toy is away for the winter all cozzied up in her storage shed with a fresh coat of wax and a nice cover over her. Now time to start stocking up on parts to install once spring arrives. Goal for next summer is to achieve 400 wheel horse power. Not the cheater NOS way the true hp way.
So far have ZZP nic cam and stage three heads installed, next is to change to a 3" pulley and custom headers with a high flow exhaust and a throttle body spacer. Dan
lercs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 01:25:00 pm »

i hope to finally have my car running next year...

or even if my some magic, for this winter
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 10:09:25 am »

Now time to start stocking up on parts to install once spring arrives. Goal for next summer is to achieve 400 wheel horse power. Not the cheater NOS way the true hp way.

Tease. Tongue

Oh well, I can at least say that I've finally started mine over the weekend with a good round of parts cleaning & painting   Grin .  Should have everything from the transaxle out to the hubs ready by next spring, then it's engine shoppin' time!

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 10:19:27 am »

As of friday my toy is away for the winter all cozzied up in her storage shed with a fresh coat of wax and a nice cover over her. Now time to start stocking up on parts to install once spring arrives. Goal for next summer is to achieve 400 wheel horse power. Not the cheater NOS way the true hp way.
So far have ZZP nic cam and stage three heads installed, next is to change to a 3" pulley and custom headers with a high flow exhaust and a throttle body spacer. Dan
HA! should have just put in a SBC....heheh! Smiley
Sandy
seriously, I hope your frame will handle it! 400hp can create alot of wiggle..... and hopefully . you have stocked up on trannies!
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 12:33:45 pm »

If I make 310 hp at the wheels I'll be a happy man.  But then again, Dan does have a large weight disadvantage to me, maybe there is hope yet....
...................okay, I'm fu****.

At least I can run my motor on 87 octane.........somehow this doesn't make me feel better.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
2ML67
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 04:50:21 pm »

Last one I built up dynoed in at 389 at the wheels so I am hoping to do a little better this time. The engine I am using this time is out of a 2003 GTP with a mere 38,000 km on it. I am using a built up 4T65E HD tranny that should be able to handle the power and this winter there will be a lot of strengthening of the chassis and cradle going on. Hopefully she will hold together. Dan
GoFast88
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2005, 11:11:41 am »

With my nos I should have between 350 and 400. Will find out for sure next year 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: winter slumber « previous next »
Jump to: