Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:00:50 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Windshield Adhesive « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windshield Adhesive  (Read 1089 times)
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« on: September 16, 2004, 01:47:19 pm »

The more I play with my Hyundai, the more I shake my head. I discovered a windshield leak last Thursday with that rain we had, I have always had windnoise from it and it gets worse pushing on it going up the 416 at a conscientious speed. I decided to play with it gave it a push and it is only held in it seems by the weatherstripping. So what can I use to glue this together with? Can I use just plain silicone sealant (cheap) or would I need to use a proper windshield adhesive (expensive) where would I get it and of course how much would it be? Thanks, Kevin
Fiero_power
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 04:43:25 pm »

I know at work we use Urathene, but that's really messy and probably not the way you want to go with your car.
Works like a charm though.  Wink

I'd check carquest for a price.

Joe
Rebel
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 05:34:14 pm »

Don't use silicone it will promote rust

if the winshield is leanking ; more like the winshiled seal is letting go

the only way to do it is to remove the windshield clean up the old sealeant  in any rust there in reset it in a urathane sealent

you must understand that the winshield is part of the body structure if you roll the car the winshield will partly stop the top from foulding in

it not very hard to do but you must be very gental on removing the old winshied nedd primers in winshield primer in urathane

if your interested on doing it your self let my no
or if you looking for some one to do it i still ahve many buds in the trade i work in for 25 years

Rebel
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 09:27:52 pm »

I was playing with the windshield and I can push it out all the way around so getting it out won't be a problem. What ever is cheaper is what I will do although be a good idea to let somebody who knows what they are doing handle it. Send me some details please. Thanks Marcel.      Kevin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Windshield Adhesive « previous next »
Jump to: