Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:29:19 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Wiplash driving « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wiplash driving  (Read 1308 times)
Rebel
« on: July 18, 2003, 07:20:58 pm »

Any suggestion where to go now

Here are the symptoms
Pulsing in drive mod or more will I decelerate, seem to run ok under load you get whiplash will light pedal pressure

Here with I have done
New plug
New dist cap
New fuel filter
New wires
New coil
Replace computer, map, oxi, and sencer
Decarbonized in clean fuel injector still not convinced it not pulsing

Just thought I put out to the form for any ideas will be welcome

FieroRebel
Marcel   Have a good day all J
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 12:52:30 am »

motor mounts... although that would be more evident on acceleration and  when you get off the gas,

If it's auto could be the lockup solenoid(torque converter)

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 08:11:01 am »

motor mounts... although that would be more evident on acceleration and  when you get off the gas,

I second that motion.  Wink

You can do an in-driveway check to give you a general idea of whether or not the mounts are the problem, and which ones.

Find some level ground, it's easier.  If it's an automagic, put it in park; if manual, use reverse or 1st without engaging the parking brake.  Open the decklid, now push/pull on your favorite body part in an attempt to rock the car and observe.

If the top of the motor reminds you of your grandma's favorite rocking chair, generally the first place to look is at the dogbone bushings.  The bolt holes through the bushings should be snug & round, not elliptical.

If the bottom of the motor looks like it's trying to move about, you may have worn transmission, lower engine mount, or even the cradle bushings.  20-year-old rubber parts have a way of stretching & drying out.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Wiplash driving « previous next »
Jump to: