Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:59:56 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Spare tire needed for safety? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spare tire needed for safety?  (Read 1405 times)
GoFast85
« on: January 28, 2004, 12:50:39 pm »

Looked in http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/DBLaws/Regs/English/900611_e.htm and there does not seem to be a requirement for a spare or a jack to pass a safety. Any one have info to the contrary?
FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 12:54:08 pm »

eh?? no! the only way I can see it being an issue is if the spare is structural. (ie: on some vehicles, it is used to absorb some of the fram impact)

and even then... when in use the car becomes unsafe???

the spare is purely for convenience of not having to wait for a tow..

Who gave you this rubbish?

cheers!
Eric
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 03:04:33 pm »

Nice link, Brian.

That finally answers the question I was asking back here.  Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 07:12:42 pm »

hi Eric
I'm the rubbish guy.  Since you were wondering.......Grin
I am STILL holding onto a trans mount for you in case you might be wondering where it is??? From Gary 'way back.

Obviously, (and I'm pleased - this actually sort of solves a problem for me!) there does not seem to be any requirement in that document.  I am sure I saw that on a safety check list a long time ago and it has just been fixed in my head....

so it isn't an issue and that is good.  I still tend to think about leaving a car with a few thousand hours of personal work by the side of a dark and unfamiliar road and walking away from it.............
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 08:39:06 pm »

hi Eric
I'm the rubbish guy.  Since you were wondering.......Grin
I am STILL holding onto a trans mount for you in case you might be wondering where it is??? From Gary 'way back.

Obviously, (and I'm pleased - this actually sort of solves a problem for me!) there does not seem to be any requirement in that document.  I am sure I saw that on a safety check list a long time ago and it has just been fixed in my head....

so it isn't an issue and that is good.  I still tend to think about leaving a car with a few thousand hours of personal work by the side of a dark and unfamiliar road and walking away from it.............

That better be the front engine mount and not one of my poly tranny mounts.  Grin

My bus has no spare........enuf said.
There are a lot of statements that if something is present it must be functional.  Like the guys with all the clearance lights on the big rigs.  Only certain ones are required, but the ones you have must work.

GoFast85
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 07:28:40 am »

I am more interested in putting another 100 lbs. up front to keep the front end down. With the battery way up front by the right headlight that should ensure enough hold down at top speed. I had another thought and will put it on another thread.  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Spare tire needed for safety? « previous next »
Jump to: