Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:44:30 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: GT Facia needed Urgent « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GT Facia needed Urgent  (Read 1833 times)
gtgold
« on: July 11, 2003, 07:31:08 pm »

I cracked up my daughters 68 GT and now I need a facia, hood, rt fender, headlight assemblies and some good luck.

Please help me out here so I can resume a normal life.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2003, 09:53:54 pm »

I'll reply here because it's shorter than the other thread.

About the parts cars you've found...just start a thread in either parts or sightings, we'll see it. There's not enough traffic and we usually read all the posts.

How badly damaged is the fascia? Is the car at home or at a shop?  Can you save the side marker lights and the the small trim spear in front of them?  They just screw on.  If these are salvageable we can convert an SE nose for you, much more likely to find one.     Chris? Do you still have the black SE?

Two unrelated items...can your daughter afford to hire us to beat you up?  Grin and I have to ask...how could you pass up Mickey Dee as your username?   Wink
Gary
gtgold
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 03:18:27 pm »

Facia is bad, pieces missing.

I have the trim pieces but not the light assemblies.

I'd be interested in the SE if it is close to the same as a GT.

My daughter is not going to know you would beat me or she would take out a loan.
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 04:27:37 pm »

There is a wreckers north of me I go to every now and then which had an 85 SE which has the GT style nose and is gold. At least last time I was there it was still intact. I can make it back there maybe by the end of next week if you like I can see if it is still there and even get it for you if you want. Can not guarantee a price till I get there but if reasonable may be able to get the hood and fender while there. Dan
gtgold
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 10:12:14 pm »

Thanx, I was able to get a full 85 GT locally. I may have parts for sale soon.

Mick
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 07:57:37 am »

Hey Mick:
I ran across your car at the body shop this morning.  Just a couple of thoughts for you.

Have you discussed how they are going to repair the front under structure?  If you have a complete 85 with a good front frame, you may consider having them cut off the front of yours and welding on the 'new' one.  I'll post some pics of mine.  It has a similar repair that is very visible.  Mostly due to the several layers all coming together at the front of the headlight bucket.

Save the little front trim spear from your broken fascia.  It just has a small 'nut' on a plastic runner.  We should be able to make the ribbed 85 trim into the round style for you.  Same with the small aero trim pieces on the bottom of the front fender.  Save the old fascia as well.  Someone will buy it from you to use as a front airdam. The bottom is cut off and turned upside down.  Then it is bolted under the fascia.  Also, although the cage is damaged the front headlight motors may be used again. Golden rule is don't throw anything away till you're sure it's not someone's treasure.

If you don't want much, I would be interested in the damaged hood for a project I have in mind.

I'll try to get some pics of my frame up later to demonstrate what I mean.

Keep us up to date on the progress.  It is a nice looking car, I hope your daughter has seen fit to forgive you.  Grin

Gary
chris
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 08:13:47 am »

hey it's chris i have all thparts you are looking for. 729-6327 or 799-7797
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: GT Facia needed Urgent « previous next »
Jump to: