Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:45:10 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: Firewood « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firewood  (Read 1191 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: August 21, 2007, 01:27:18 pm »

Does anyone know what a reasonable price for firewood is these days?  I was quoted $100 per face cord from a local fellow, but I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone else to see how that stacks up.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »

I'll ask the guy next door.  He buys big frickin' trees and cuts them up and splits them.  then he sells some off to recover the cost of the logs.   Wink  He's a high tech guy, but is also the outdoors type.  He just got his new load and I can hear the old chain saw going.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 08:31:46 pm »

Okay, he says he charges $85.  Also that that is lower than market, he has loyal customers for his extra wood  Grin , it's not his job (it's exercise), and he really should charge more.  Figured $100 was average.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:45:57 am »

Thanks Gary.  We may have a shot a couple of free cords; it all depends upon where the guy who made the offer is, and whether or not we can steal my sister's truck for a weekend.

I'll let you know if we need an introduction.  Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: Firewood « previous next »
Jump to: