Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 03:41:42 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: What's a henway? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's a henway?  (Read 1286 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« on: May 24, 2007, 02:10:30 pm »

Does anyone happen to know roughly what a 2' x 2' x 1.5" patio stone weighs? 

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 02:53:40 pm »

Did a little research and please forgive my math but as I figure it a 12" x 12" stone weighs 22 lbs, quadruple the size and you come up with 88lbs. I couldn't find a 24" stone anywhere. I haven't seen very many 24" stones though are you sure that is the correct size? Maybe Don's stones are bigger, I dunno.   
 http://www.pavestone.com/retail/patio-square-round.html
                                YMMV, Kevin
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 08:04:21 pm »

they're heavy!   Roll Eyes
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:03:38 pm »

I just re-did the patio in my back yard, and trust me when I tell you that you don't want to have to move those stones around.  One or two is okay but 20 sucks.  Plus those stones will warp in time. None of the ones I removed were flat anymore.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 09:08:47 am »

I couldn't find a 24" stone anywhere. I haven't seen very many 24" stones though are you sure that is the correct size?

About 90% sure on the size, yes.  Some of them were (I think) as large as 2' x 3'.

A friend of Sacha's is having an in-ground pool demolished; the deck surrounding the pool is made up of these things and we can have as many as we like so long as we remove them before the wrecking crew gets there.

We've moved about 16 of the bigger ones so far, and roughly 30 of the smaller stones.  Most of 'em are warped like you mentioned Aaron, but not so badly that they won't work for our purposes.

Did a little research and please forgive my math but as I figure it a 12" x 12" stone weighs 22 lbs, quadruple the size and you come up with 88lbs. 

Someone else told me that a 70lb bag of cement will fill a 2'x2'x2" mold with a bit left over.  Not sure I want to risk me plus one of these suckers against the sturdiness of our bathroom scale...   Shocked

70-90lbs each would explain a few things, though.

11 of the larger stones in the little trailer made for warm wheel bearings, and a full-size truck with the box about half full of the things felt like it wanted to do a wheelie every time we hit a decent bump.  Grin

Goin' back for another 1/2 truckload tonight...  good exercise.   Wink

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Off Topic  |  Other  |  Topic: What's a henway? « previous next »
Jump to: