Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:50:51 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hello...newbie here! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello...newbie here!  (Read 4403 times)
GoFast85
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2003, 02:46:24 pm »

On the temperature guage/light issue. Last month the temp light came on (at the airport) but the guage was reading 80. Got to the side of the road steam-a-smoking. After 1 hour of and on to home, I made it. Changed the sensor (Bosh at CTC for $39) and seems to run Ok now (no warped heads).  
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 07:49:10 am »

One of the other shitty things about the shocks up front is that they have to come off to be adjusted (not the ones in the rear though).  Although I’m working on a plan to get around that one.

If I remember Koni's literature correctly, not only do you need access to the top of the piston shaft, but the shock must be fully compressed as well.

It doubt it would be all that hard to find a way to access the top of the shock while still mounted to the car.  Heck for you coil-over guys it's probably no effort at all.  Wink  But fully compressing it?  Even if one could manage to fully compress the front springs on-car, I don't think the shock is fully compressed at this point.   Huh
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 07:56:55 am by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
A.K.A
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2003, 11:49:35 am »

ok so what i'm hearing is this: go aftermarket if you got the cash, but stick to munroe if you wanna cruise Tongue k, got it!
ok priced out munroe's 20 bucks a side <-----I can live with that! Grin
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2003, 12:34:27 pm »

I haven’t really looked into adjusting the front shocks while they are on the car too much yet, but it can be done and I do seem to be making a career out of doing things that have been said can’t be done (not on my car but at work).  Just wait until you see my lambo style swing up doors installed (a project that has most of the bugs worked out and due to go in sometime in the coming spring).

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
A.K.A
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2003, 12:41:38 pm »

that will be something to see! Shocked
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hello...newbie here! « previous next »
Jump to: