Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:12:52 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hey 3.8 guys watch out....... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey 3.8 guys watch out.......  (Read 4006 times)
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2003, 09:44:58 am »

There was something mentioned on The Bear's news about this earlier this morning, but I didn't catch enough of it to make any sense.

Anyone else have any current info?

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
WillEV
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2003, 10:03:32 am »

Yeah I heard something to that thier trying to pass the bill again. Here some more infor on it.
http://ogov.newswire.ca/ontario/GPOE/2003/05/05/c7991.html?lmatch=&lang=_e.html

« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 12:06:21 pm by WillEV » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2003, 10:10:56 am »

The link WillEV posted is incomplete when brought up in my browser for some reason.  Try this one if you're also having trouble.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2003, 10:44:11 am by dguy » Logged

Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2003, 06:49:56 pm »

http://ogov.newswire.ca/ontario/GPOE/2003/05/05/c7991.html?lmatch=&lang=_e.html

It is a new guy who is Transport minister now and it looks like they have toned down from the first draft, and appear to be focusing on Nitrous Oxide and increasing penalties to current laws, ones that could directly effect everyone are:

regulating the amount of after-market tinting on front and side-front windows, so that drivers' vision is not obstructed, and to improve an approaching police officer's ability to see inside a vehicle.

and if you street race9we hope not)

cracking down on street racing by adding vehicle impoundment and driver's licence suspension--both for 48 hours--to the current tools  available to police. This amendment also prohibits the use of a  connected (functioning) nitrous oxide system on public roads;

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2003, 08:51:42 am »

I'm trying to find the full text of the current amendment, but not getting anywhere online.

That news release sounds more like a summary to me--and summaries by their very nature rarely tell the whole story.

fiero308
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2003, 11:03:34 am »

I have read an online executive summary I expect, and it is probably one of the most broad-brush things I have ever heard of in my life. I guess they passed it around to all the members and they each had a shot at adding something.
Making laws via the MPP's chat-room and notice board, I would bet.
I am NOT confident that this would be well-applied by any end-of-shift or otherwise PO'd cop who is tired, wet, cold, just dealt with some smart ass lawyer in his warm Lincoln and suddenly has a chance to pull over someone he KNOWS he can get (even with).  Sorry to sound so down on the police; I support them and their role and importance wholeheartedly, but have seen them have their down days LOTS too, so I can't help but think this way now.
I think we all need to start sending emails and letters if you can manage to your local MPP and to Queen's Park. I have started already with my local MPP and will keep after him for a response to show I am serious.
I am not impressed with the range of this legislation and think it shows how poorly-thought through it really is.
So I suggest that everyone start doing it. Bring up any point you can imagine why it is ridiculous and you will likely be right, or not far off.
my 2 cents........ Angry  Angry
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Hey 3.8 guys watch out....... « previous next »
Jump to: