Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:50:30 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Something to think about... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something to think about...  (Read 4146 times)
lercs
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 08:50:55 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that video is from Ontario, California. I saw the same video a while ago. What Ontario is purposing, where your car can be crushed without a trial will never happen. It's simply not legal.

i beleive you are right, because we don't have an ontario police department.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:00:09 pm »

That wasn't the point.

Drivers don't usually own their cars.  The bank does.

The point is this.  They CAN crush your car, they just have to pay the bank for it, but only if they own your car.

Don't be naive, radical changes in political views are eminent.  All it takes in War (which we are at), or one person with the power to be motivated enough about something.  At the moment it's just a matter of time!

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
MacPhail
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 09:41:25 pm »

Remember:  We don't have property rights in Canada.  If the government says it can take something by decreeing so by law, then they will win more often than not.  This includes your land (well...based on what they deem to be "fair market value").

If someone who hasn't been street racing is threatened with having their car crushed, let me be one of the first in line to protest and even handcuff myself to the vehicle in question.
can machine
Moving UP!

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 09:54:48 pm »

I agree with the concept of this law, and will support and even be glad to see a law that crushes cars that are caught street racing. My point is that the police will not be able to seize vehicles and crush them without it going through the courts.
lercs
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2007, 09:55:59 pm »

Remember:  We don't have property rights in Canada.  If the government says it can take something by decreeing so by law, then they will win more often than not.  This includes your land (well...based on what they deem to be "fair market value").

If someone who hasn't been street racing is threatened with having their car crushed, let me be one of the first in line to protest and even handcuff myself to the vehicle in question.

we dont have property rights on land, because we dont actually own any of it(its all owned by the govt and we can use it).. we do however own everything else.
MacPhail
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 12:12:34 am »

You're right, Lercs.  I'm just pissed 'cause the government is interfering way too much in our lives as far as I'm concerned.   Angry  The very thought that they think they can seize someones car if they "think" it is involved in street racing gets my blood boiling.  If they do street race and get caught:  Sell it or something, but don't crush it (especially when the government pleads poverty when there isn't an election).  But while they're at it, how 'bout crushing the cars of drunk drivers who prove to be an even bigger menace on the roads?!   Angry

lercs
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 01:14:04 am »

You're right, Lercs.  I'm just pissed 'cause the government is interfering way too much in our lives as far as I'm concerned.   Angry  The very thought that they think they can seize someones car if they "think" it is involved in street racing gets my blood boiling.  If they do street race and get caught:  Sell it or something, but don't crush it (especially when the government pleads poverty when there isn't an election).  But while they're at it, how 'bout crushing the cars of drunk drivers who prove to be an even bigger menace on the roads?!   Angry

because drunk driving stats are just as manipulated as street racing stats.

and usually drunk drivers do a good job at crushing their own cars Shocked

and they are just saying it as a scare tactic, nothing can actually be done about it.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 06:01:36 am »

My point is that the police will not be able to seize vehicles and crush them without it going through the courts.

Yes and everyone has the high-rolling budget to successfully defend themselves with a lawyer army, don't they?   Undecided

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Something to think about... « previous next »
Jump to: