Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:29:48 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque  (Read 3890 times)
2ML67
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 09:01:52 pm »

Problem is that you may of fried that poor little duke al ready depending on just how hot it got and for how long plus the lack of oil probably didn't help either.  Now it probably best to just ignore the crazy old series I guy senility has gotten the best of him. For towing best would be for me to meet you in Kingston and go to a U-haul tell them some crap about how you need to rent a dolley to tow your Sunfire to Belleville. Then go get the car and tow it down here. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 09:17:41 pm »

Now it probably best to just ignore the crazy old series I guy senility has gotten the best of him. Dan

Hey, I represent that remark!!!!!!  You missed it!  It was down on all 4 wheels for the first time in a year and a half (at least).   Afro
MacPhail
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:42 pm »

Just pick the day and I'll set it up.  Smiley

Cheers, Derek

2ML67
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 08:15:54 am »

Saturday would be best for me As I have another car arriving Friday and have to be home for its arrival. Either that or Thursday evening after I get back from Peterborough. Dan
MacPhail
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 06:10:29 pm »

I'll call U-Haul in Kingston to reserve a dolly for Thursday (tomorrow) night.

Cheers, Derek

PS  Thank you!  Smiley
MacPhail
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »

After an eventful morning at U-Haul (anger management consultants would likely blow their cool there), Dan was able to get the car to his place.

Sad news was reported however:  The engine didn't jump out of the car on the ride to his place and smash on the highway in order for me to collect the insurance money.  Sad

My wife is on to me though...and this is why I'm not using my e-mail account to type this.  She thinks I've sabatoged the Fiero so that I could do an upgrade!  How ridiculous is that?!   Roll Eyes

On the plus side, she did buy an antique dresser while Dan, his wife and me were loading the car on the dolly.  She was only going to use the washroom (should have openned up the Town Hall....it would have saved me money!), but saw that we were still busy and dove into the antique store. 

Looks like I have a bit of leverage now...providing she agrees that it shouldn't come out of her "Home Improvements Allowance".  She's holding tight that she'll pay for it from her "allowance"...I'm pushing hard to get her to consider otherwise.   Cheesy

The battle of the sexes has begun.

And I'm probably going to lose.  lol

Cheers, Derek
2ML67
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2006, 06:32:45 pm »

Well lets see fooled around and got the engine to actually start. steady cloud of blue smoke out tail pipe made the engine look not too promising but even worse is the strem of oil blowing out the valve cover at the PCV valve. Extreme blow by is what it looks like so I did a compression test, 30 psi on the best cylinder doesn't make things look any better.
In my opinion this engine is in need of either a complete rebuild or to be replaced with another engine.
Can ask around for another duke if desired or I do know of a nice recently rebuilt Fiero 2.8 that could be put in fairly cheaply or any one of many other engines could also be used as a replacement. Dan
MacPhail
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2006, 08:42:06 pm »

In my opinion this engine is in need of either a complete rebuild or to be replaced with another engine.

Can ask around for another duke if desired or I do know of a nice recently rebuilt Fiero 2.8 that could be put in fairly cheaply or any one of many other engines could also be used as a replacement. Dan

Hmmm....I guess it comes down to "What makes the most sense in terms of cost."

If a new engine is in order, I may as well go with bigger (it's one of those rare opportunities in life that, as a male, you can).  Perhaps you could e-mail me at work - dmacphail@townofgananoque.ca - so that we can discuss costs.  If the main difference in cost between the Fiero 2.8 and a 3800 SC is the engine itself, I may want to bite the bullet (and the wrath of my wife) and go with the 3800 SC. 

Do you know of any kicking around that you trust?  I see a few on the http://www.car-parts.com site.

Cheers, Derek

PS  Has a time been set for the bbq at your place, Dan, and what should people bring?
MacPhail
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 10:48:01 pm »

Another 3800SC build by Dan is about to begin (I believe my wife just gave me a reluctant "yes"...too afraid to ask if that is a firm "yes" or not...best to wait 'til morning).

Shocked

Cheers, Derek

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 07:51:23 am »

Another 3800SC build by Dan is about to begin (I believe my wife just gave me a reluctant "yes"...too afraid to ask if that is a firm "yes" or not...best to wait 'til morning).

You won't regret it.  Unless you have Dan do anything silly with the programming and/or internals, you'll probably end up with not only a more entertaining drivetrain but less money being fed to OPEC at the same time.   Afro

PS  Has a time been set for the bbq at your place, Dan, and what should people bring?

Tentatively noon, but ultimately waiting for Dan's advice...  keep an eye on the thread about it in the Events section.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:54:01 am by dguy » Logged

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque « previous next »
Jump to: