Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:02:50 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque  (Read 3891 times)
MacPhail
« on: April 24, 2006, 04:42:09 pm »

On the way into work today, the car started over heating.  Smoke was billowing out behind me.  I got as far as the Husky Station exit when she died.

A belt was broken so I got it towed to Gananoque.

Picked it up and it was hard to start.  Funny...it should be "fixed".   Angry

Got it back to the office and smoke was coming out of her.  I added oil - she was bone dry.  I think that "little" leak was a lot more, even though when I checked it on the weekend, it showed that I had enough oil in her.

So she is parked out back while I wait for CAA to kick in (48 hour wait...means she'll be here until after work on Wednesday at least).  I need to bring it into a mechanic who knows Fieros.  I'm ticked that the local shop would replace the belt and call it fixed.

On the plus side, they did determine that my brake fluid leak was a result of the bleed valves being partially open (both on the front).   Angry 

I'm NOT a happy camper. 

Cheers, Derek
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 04:55:26 pm by MacPhail » Logged
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 08:01:30 pm »

You're welome to bring it to my place I can honestly say I know Fiero's just as good as any mechanic will or even better. Dan
MacPhail
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 08:15:48 pm »

That would be my preference to be honest with you.  I find some of the help I've received to be questionable.

I'll have to see how far CAA will let me tow it.  Otherwise, is there anyone here with a trailer heading Dan's way? 

Cheers, Derek

PS  Thankfully my wife wouldn't allow me to sell the Blazer!  I'd be really pooched!!!
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 08:33:20 pm »

Just rent a set of dolley's from U-haul and tow it behind your truck. Just do not tell U-haul you will be towing a Fiero they do not like Fiero's there. Towed one behind my Trans Sport van from Kingston to my place a while ago with no problems. Dan
MacPhail
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:24:44 pm »

I'm probably the only guy who a) doesn't (and never have owned) a hitch, and b) has never towed anything before.   Sad

Pretty pathetic...I know.

Cheers, Derek

PS  I'll come up with something. 
2ML67
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 08:47:24 am »

If you can rent the dolleys and cover my fuel costs I can drive up with my van and tow it back for you. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:55:12 am »

I'm probably the only guy who a) doesn't (and never have owned) a hitch, and b) has never towed anything before.   Sad

Pretty pathetic...I know.

Cheers, Derek

PS  I'll come up with something. 

That's because you are a recent Fiero owner.

I haven't said anything before, but I think you'd be a lot better off with something other than an iron duke in there. But that's just me.......  Wink
MacPhail
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 10:13:45 am »

Here's the scoop:  Any time I start talking about the need to upgrade (computer, stereo, vehicle) that is when something happens and I am forced to make a purchase.

The coincidence is so strong that my wife says that I somehow sabatage things to ensure they break (like it was my fault I got rear ended and the car was written off, or that the hard drive died or the receiver/amp blew the insides?).

What is the one big upgrade I told my wife that I wanted?  A bigger engine.

How is it going to look when I get it out to Dan's and he says "You should put in a new engine"?

I'll let you guys explain it to my wife for me.   Tongue

I agree with you - the Iron Duke isn't for me. 

But as I said, tell that to my wife.   Cheesy

DAN:  Let me know where you want me to reserve the dolly from and any information I'll need to give U-Haul so it will be all set up.

Thank you!

Cheers, Derek
Kitten
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

Unofficial Ottawa Fiero Club shutter bug

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 11:02:13 am »

Here's the scoop:  Any time I start talking about the need to upgrade (computer, stereo, vehicle) that is when something happens and I am forced to make a purchase.

The coincidence is so strong that my wife says that I somehow sabatage things to ensure they break (like it was my fault I got rear ended and the car was written off, or that the hard drive died or the receiver/amp blew the insides?).

What is the one big upgrade I told my wife that I wanted?  A bigger engine.

How is it going to look when I get it out to Dan's and he says "You should put in a new engine"?

I'll let you guys explain it to my wife for me.   Tongue

I agree with you - the Iron Duke isn't for me. 

But as I said, tell that to my wife.   Cheesy

DAN:  Let me know where you want me to reserve the dolly from and any information I'll need to give U-Haul so it will be all set up.

Thank you!

Cheers, Derek

You're coming to the gtg at Dan's in May right?  and she's supposed to be coming with you right?  I'm sure between everyone we might at least be able to make the idea more appealing to her  Smiley

The excitement is in the curves.

Lead, Follow, Or get out of the way.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 11:03:34 am »

You're coming to the gtg at Dan's in May right?  and she's supposed to be coming with you right?  I'm sure between everyone we might at least be able to make the idea more appealing to her  Smiley

Troublemaker.   Tongue

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 12:07:52 pm »

Just rent a set of dolley's from U-haul and tow it behind your truck. Just do not tell U-haul you will be towing a Fiero they do not like Fiero's there. Towed one behind my Trans Sport van from Kingston to my place a while ago with no problems. Dan

It doesn't have anything to do with the towing ability, it's because U-haul can't rent you the equipment if you are going to tow something illegally. Aparently you aren't supposed to tow cars backwards, even though tow companies do it all the time with rear wheel drive cars.  You just tell them you are towing something else.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
lacelles
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 12:47:28 pm »

Towed one behind my Trans Sport van from Kingston to my place a while ago with no problems. Dan

That was me... Embarrassed

-- 1999 Buick Regal GS 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
-- 1987 Fiero GT 3800SC - SOLD - Sad
http://www.lacelle.ca
MacPhail
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 01:21:41 pm »

Troublemaker.   Tongue

Whatever you tell her, let's just be clear that I have NOTHING to do with it and that I don't encourage it.

Her name is Lesley, compliment her on her Scottish accent, and ask her if she knows of any good recipes for Scottish shortbread.  Smiley

Also, agree that her husband (ME!) is a bit over his head with the current engine and that something newer - the 3800 - would be the best thing for him. 

Cheers, Derek
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 04:14:31 pm »

Does she wear a kilt.........because I've heard something about kilts  Azn .........  Evil

A 3800 of any kind is a nice upgrade.  Even a stock series 1 n/a is a bulletproof choice.
MacPhail
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 04:27:17 pm »

I wear a kilt.  What have you heard?   Tongue

Just kidding.  Neither of us wear kilts.

Cheers, Derek
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Broken Down in Gananoque « previous next »
Jump to: