Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:04:00 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: project 3800SC Trans Sport van « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: project 3800SC Trans Sport van  (Read 4121 times)
2ML67
« on: January 29, 2006, 11:58:03 am »

Getting a 1995 Trans Sport van with a blown engine today and going to put in a nice little 3800SC sreies II drive train. Have a choice the van has a healthy 4T60E tranny in it so trying to decide use that tranny and a 96 PCM or use the spare 4T65E tranny I have and use a 98 PCM. If I use the 60E tranny then I can just use the existing axle shafts if I use the 65E I will need to change the shafts. The 65E is supposed to be stronger and using the 98 PCM would mean using the newer style emissions which would make it easier to pass the dreaded e-test. decisions decisions when will they ever end. Dan
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 12:12:30 pm »

We have a Lumina Van, I always wanted to put something in, SC crossed my mind, as did V8.  Be sure to take some pictures, this I want to see!  Afro
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 06:39:45 pm »

Was thinking that I could use it to tow the Fiero to the track that way if the Fiero breaks I could always race the van. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 07:54:17 pm »

Enough from the ass. Got the van home today and started stripping down the old engine. Funny thing is the problem was no spark and the garage couldn't get it to run thats why I got the van. Well while removing the harness found bad wire going to the crank sensor. Dah do you think this may have been the problem. Either way the engine is coming out as it is a series I and those things just are not good enough for me and my kind of respectable driving. Found some one who wants it for parts any way our infamous Buzz is getting it. Dan
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 03:37:54 pm »

Old engine now out, less than four hours into this and every thing is cooperating quite nicely. Should be a fairly easy swap after all. Dan
lsixtyseven
Ottawa Fiero Member
Moving UP!

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 05:25:55 pm »

Looking forward to see this swap,  as you know I had a transport, but now ex has it.  I want to buy another one and this swap is interesting, can't wait to see it.
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 06:31:39 pm »

our infamous Buzz is getting it. Dan

Afro  Afro  Afro  Afro  Afro  Afro  Afro   More junk.....WooHoo!

You didn't get it running first.....shame....shame.
2ML67
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:53:51 pm »

One slight snag seems to have appeared. While unbolting the A/C compressor I found it hard to get at the bolts, at first I thought the bracket was bent. No the bracket is broken due to the expansion of the block where the rod is coming through. Funny thing is the van went into the garage because it would not start, was turning over fine just no spark. So wonder what the guys at the garage did to put such a nice hole in the block. Wonder if the Buzz still wants the engine now. This is probably typical of a series I engine. Dan
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 09:24:48 pm »

I find it odd that all the S1 blocks that make it to your garage get mysterious additional air intake functions.  I am beginning to think you have been brainwashed into thinking that plugs and exhaust need to be evenly spaced.   Cheesy

Nuts, bolts, manifolds, intake, fuel rail, oil pan, valve covers, sensors, yada yada would be greatly appreciated.
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 10:00:56 am »

I find it odd that all the S1 blocks that make it to your garage get mysterious additional air intake functions.  I am beginning to think you have been brainwashed into thinking that plugs and exhaust need to be evenly spaced.   Cheesy

Nice to see you back, Gary.   Afro

If winter ever behaves like... well, winter for long enough, don't be surprised if a pair of snowmobiles shows up at your place some weekend.  I'm getting a little too familiar with the trails between home and Lanark; time for a different direction.  Smiley

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 03:35:43 pm »

Trying tp put up a picture to show progress. hopefully it works. Dan
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 11:32:34 pm »

Sweet!
2ML67
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 03:04:56 pm »

Put up some more pictrures a www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/631 would appreciate opinions on aif filter. Can use the stock van air box but the opening is very small so restricting of air flow is a problem. Other option is flip box over and put on a hood scoop to draw fresh air from the cowl area. While at it which SEEi emblem do you think suits the van the white one or the black one. Thanks Dan

*edit for url
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 04:02:25 pm by Gizmo » Logged
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 04:34:55 pm »

would appreciate opinions on aif filter. Thanks Dan

What kind of aif  do you want?  Cold or warm?   Evil   Grin

Get rid of that big ass windy washer bottle.  Put a small one somewhere else.  You can run a pipe then to the side or down lower.  Even if you have to heat and squish an abs pipe a bit to fit it in.

The other option is to build an enclosed box to seal the heat out and use some kind of cone where that washer bottle is.  Run the air to it from the front and side if needed.
2ML67
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2006, 05:38:29 pm »

You mean like the three inch abs piping that I ran from the throtle body to the hole I put in the metal where the battery used to be so I can mount a nice K&N filter in the compartment below. Lots of nice cold air there, which means the battery is going in the back to make room. Will put up photo of it later.
Due to the engine from the Bonneville being in the van and the van not done yet I was forced to get the Fiero out to make a run to the store. The new exhaust system sounds real nice when cruising along but nail the throtle and plug your ears cause she's good and loud. Dan
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: project 3800SC Trans Sport van « previous next »
Jump to: