Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:18:25 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Kingston trip « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kingston trip  (Read 3771 times)
Boy-z
« on: September 21, 2003, 07:07:18 pm »

Dan and Gary how did things turn out boy when you two get together wow things happen hope it all turned out ok for you dan we got back from the restruant but you guy's were not around Kevin and nick how was the drive home. It went very smooth I arrived at 5:50 so just want to see how you guy's did and hope you enjoyed the trip.
Boy-z
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2003, 07:10:03 pm »

Sorry I also want to thank Sandy for coming it was really good to see your car I can't believe the head turning it was great. Srue had alot of people looking as well it should you have a great looking car anyweay hope you got home safely and I can't believe no cops.
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2003, 07:30:58 pm »

Had a great time. I seem to have lost you guys after you waited for me, I wasn't going to go that fast, made it home in good time though. How is Dan anyhow? Cheers to the GTA crowd. Kevin
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 07:41:12 pm »

Thanks once again to Gary the club life saver for giving me a ride to Belleville for another axle shaft then back to Kingston. I must be changing these things too often as it only took 17 minutes to change this one. After all that happened I was still home safe and sound just after 6 pm.
Once home I took a much closer look at things I found a crack in the axle housing so I looked at the last one and also found a crack. So now I think it is time to look into much stronger axles or design some kind of half shaft system. Dan
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 09:56:57 pm »

Gary saves the day once again!  I think we all, including the GTA club had a great time!  We should plan a fall colour cruise and get the other members to come out.  They sure missed out with it being such a nice day.

The drive home was fantastic.  Again like this morning, I went on 10 thru Westport, only thing I got stuck behind a Miata in the nice rolling section before Westport.  After Westport, there was 1 OPP, he seemed to be in a hurry going somewhere.  Probably the one we saw this morning.  Once I hit Perth and got on 7 there was no problem, traffic as expected for a Sunday evening.  The drive home was quick, a Porsche with number decals and trailer, yes trailering tires (looked like he was lapping somewhere) and Mercedes made a nice convoy as I let them pass.  We stuck together till Carleton Place, and in that section of 7, probably saw 3 OPP on seperate occations, doing well over the speed limit and in a hurry going somewhere.  They didn't seem to concerned with the flow of traffic.  Nothing else exciting for the rest of the drive home...

Oh...Gary, I still have your radio, I'll see how this week goes, I'll try and run it out to ya if you need it asap, or wait till our next club meeting...LMK.

Also, what did you guys think of 10?  Grin
Boy-z
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 11:53:00 pm »

10 was excellent it was a great trip actually I enjoyed it and yes a fall cruise would be good
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2003, 06:30:10 am »

Ah yes!!!!!  What a loser I am.  Went home via Smiths Falls and there was construction everywhere....at least I had the Jimmy.

Nick don't worry about the radio, as we hardly ever use them.  I saw a Porsche at the Almonte hospital Friday morning with a small trailer and 3 racing tires, must be the same car.  I didn't see who it was.  10 was great, even in the truck.  Nice road and great scenery the whole way.  Also I got to listen to Karl and Sandy booting it along.  Grin

Nice to meet the GTA guys and see all the different mutations of our cars.

I must point out that Dan's wife didn't seem surprised that the car was broken again.  Roll Eyes  (Dan you have a PM)
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 03:39:46 pm »

Well, I certainly enjoyed the trip! #10 was a nice drive up with plenty of curves and scenery! Lunch on the outdoor terrace with the Toronto folk was Great! Thanks to the Kingston native(forget your name) for the tour downtown. Kudo's to Gary for picking up Dan's pieces and then returning him! Karl & Kevin... I kept slowing up waiting for Nick.... (didn't know he took the #10 back)... and Karl: wish I had advance notice of (NO Cops) on the way back, could have been something like: Leave Kingston @4:30om, arrive in Ottawa @4:00pm, hehehe!
great fun, thanks all!
Sandy
2ML67
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 04:10:47 pm »

Went out to the wreckers after last class today and measured the lengths on a complete 98 GTP and from what I can figure engine/tranny is bolted exactly where it should be. I did notice there is a bit more play on the passengers side so maybe the Fiero standard tranny drivers axle is not the best used on the passengers side for the 4T65E swap. Going back out on another day when I have more time and start measuring axles to find a better fit. There has to be a solution to this problem if not she's going 5 speed and save driving for nice weather only. Afterall this is starting to get a little embarasing spitting axleshafts all over the place. Dan
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2003, 04:45:02 pm »

The GTA crowd had a great time and hope to do this again next year. Thanx to everybody who made it out.

Glad to here you made it home (twice  Grin) in once peice Dan. With a bit of time and patience, you have that axel working perfectly. Or with a bit of money have custom ones made. haha..  We had no problem on the 401 until we hit whitby. Usual sunday traffic heading into Toronto.
As I like to say "Home Sweet Home, where the air can't get any worse and the drivers don't get any better!"  The sign heading into toronto should read " Welcome to Big Smoke"   a.k.a. Toronto

Sandy, what was that piece called that you have in your clutch line to keep some pressure? Memory lapse!!

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
NoFiero
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2003, 05:09:06 pm »

Hope everyone had a good time, sorry I couldn't stay for lunch (kids). Anyway sounds like you found a good patio downtown to have lunch on. Its always nice to take people around the water front anyway.  I hope you all do it again next year, as I enjoyed meeting everyone.

NoFiero
(Kingston Native)

cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 10:58:51 pm »

The inline clutch piece is known as a RPV valve(Residual Pressure Valve) Wildwood makes them(about $20.) and they are available in 2lb & 10lb. I use a 2lb unit. You can search Pennock's for an indepth submission from someone out of Hawaii!It succeeds in not letting the slave suck in air!
Sandy
x-thumpr-x
Fiero Owner

Minority in my home town. Thanxs MEL!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2003, 06:19:44 am »

Thanks   Cool

87 FieroGT 3400
87 Coupe T-top
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2003, 09:06:27 am »

Going back out on another day when I have more time and start measuring axles to find a better fit. There has to be a solution to this problem if not she's going 5 speed and save driving for nice weather only. Afterall this is starting to get a little embarasing spitting axleshafts all over the place. Dan

Well it's about bloody time.  I was starting to wonder whether or not there would be any Fiero axle shafts left in Ontario by 2005.  Wink

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
2ML67
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2003, 03:50:50 pm »

From what I can figure they made a lot of Fiero's with standard tranny's and most of them are still using the same old under powered engines that can't even come close to damaging an axleshaft so it should be quite a while before I run out of axles to test and play with. Only problem is Gary has run out of axles and is too busy to keep driving me home to get more. So I either have to figure out something better to use or start carrying spares with me. Or I can always move to Almonte. Dan
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Kingston trip « previous next »
Jump to: