Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 03:53:40 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Racing Harness (Question) « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Racing Harness (Question)  (Read 1890 times)
dimeadozen
Fiero Know-it-all

Mia: March 17, 2010- The Safety

« on: April 11, 2010, 09:57:03 am »

I am replacing my seats in my 87 GT and the ones I am buying are capable of racing harness hookups.

But this raises one question.

Its a four point harness, and normal seatbelts are three points.....

What of the fourth point? Do I have to install a hookup or do the two tops bolt into the seat at the back?

Never done this before and I wanna do it right so if someone out there has the answer... Id be uber greatful

If I just spend a little more money...
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:54:40 pm »

Harness is not street legal in Ontario.  If that doesn't matter to you, you need a side to side bar capable of mounting the upper harness to.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:15:20 am »

Unless you are going to do racing I wouldn't recommend a four or five point harness as they are a real pain in the ass to belt in, and once you are in you can't lean forward to change the radio station unless you unbuckle.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Racing Harness (Question) « previous next »
Jump to: