Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:31:35 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: GT Nose/Headlamp motors « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: GT Nose/Headlamp motors  (Read 2259 times)
A.K.A
« on: October 23, 2003, 12:05:38 am »

GT Nose Color does not matter, but I would like one that hasn't found a curb or two!

Headlamp Motors Got one from FieroBUZZ that unfortunately didn't work...sorry man!
so if anyone has any lying around I can clear up some space in the parts section! Wink

Lemme know!
Thanx
Marc

FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 01:00:23 pm »

Sorry Marc.  That one the only one I had.  The rest I have seem to be all drivers side.

If you are converting to Aaron's v-6 you will need to change out your fuel pump and lines.  The 4 cyl lines come round the side and the 6 cyl ones come up the firewall near the battery.

If your gas tank is in good shape, I'll trade with you if you want.  I need your style lines for the 3800 and I have to change my pump to a high volume one anyway.  The v-6 pump I have in now was replaced last year and has very little use. Would just need to pull yours out and stick mine up as the tanks, I believe, are the same.

If you go standard the flywheel must be for an internally balanced v-6.  Either 88 Fiero or a newer GM one from a yard (3.1 motor  Cav, Sunbird, Corsica, Berretta)

Gary
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 01:32:50 pm »

If you go standard the flywheel must be for an internally balanced v-6.  Either 88 Fiero or a newer GM one from a yard (3.1 motor  Cav, Sunbird, Corsica, Berretta)

...or as far as I know from any other internally balanced 2.8, like say, the LB8 from an '88 Firechicken.  And I just happen to have one sitting in the midst of the mess I currently call my workbench.  The clutch face needs to be resurfaced (lots of surface rust), but that's all that's wrong with it.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 01:34:30 pm »

I might be able to fix that motor for you AKA.  It'll cost you a couple buck for my time, but that's only if it's working when I'm done.

Sorry about the charge but my time is valuable.  I can't go around doing everything for free.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to look at it.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
2ML67
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 01:44:13 pm »

Minakers wreckers south of Belleville has a silver one that he wants way too much for $200. Dan
A.K.A
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 03:11:16 pm »

I might be able to fix that motor for you AKA.  It'll cost you a couple buck for my time, but that's only if it's working when I'm done.

Sorry about the charge but my time is valuable.  I can't go around doing everything for free.

Anyway, let me know if you want me to look at it.

Aaron

as long as I don't owe you my first born we can talk! lol

well, as you probabbly already have noticed...I am still learning these things and OBVIOUSLY wan't it to run..so I'm pretty sure we can work something out a88 Wink

Mr.Buzz...no hard feelings, a used part will always be a used part eh!?
and I will be chatting with you more sooner than later for parts related issues (trading, buying etc.) as I have MUCH to learn on swappage and the sort...

tonite tho my tyres finally go on! so that will be tha last item to do this month.....

again, thanx for the quick replies and educated info! I really really appreciate it guys!

Marc
gtgold
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 12:06:59 pm »

Good day 'eh.  I have headlight motors if you still need them.

Mickey 592-8907
A.K.A
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 12:10:05 pm »

Good day 'eh.  I have headlight motors if you still need them.

Mickey 592-8907

NO WAY! they both work??

(stoopid question, but hadda ask Grin)

if so how much? where are you? and  Kiss

thanx alot!
a.k.a
A.K.A
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 12:12:41 pm »

ttt

Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: WTB: GT Nose/Headlamp motors « previous next »
Jump to: