Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:49:27 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: URGENT not even 1 week, it has to go « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT not even 1 week, it has to go  (Read 1703 times)
mr.tourismo
« on: March 12, 2006, 05:06:36 pm »

started moving and we cant access the garage from outside with fiero there....   new price : 300$    1985 fiero  engine caught fire a few years ago...  you can stop by to have a look at it it's behind the house at 445 brittany drive  close to St-laurent blvrd and Montreal road.  I need to sell this week or it goes to the bakers.   it only has 55 000km (about)  and i think the brakes are a bit seized.  first to come gets it.

742-1213
Alex
2ML67
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 08:00:47 pm »

If I was only a bit closer unfortunately I am way too far away to jump on ths one. Dan
mr.tourismo
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 02:53:35 pm »

it's alright Dan, a two to your place would cost a fortune.

I MIGHT be able to save it for a few more days, but if no one is really interested i'm try to salvage a bit.... there's a licence plate holder for the front aero bumper Smiley   

the price is negociable.

Alex
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 03:13:55 pm by mr.tourismo » Logged
mr.tourismo
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 01:07:11 pm »

price reduced to 250$  with only 55 000km!  deadine moved to the 16th(thursday)

Alex
mr.tourismo
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 01:09:41 pm »

sold  Smiley
GoFast88
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 08:44:58 am »

If I was only a bit closer unfortunately I am way too far away to jump on ths one. Dan

On Dan's behalf, and with his agreement, I bought the car and delivered it for $250+ and 8 hours of my time. After numerous emails he has come up with ever conceivable reason to reneg on our agreement. The primary focus was on the condition of the vehicle. I was asked to buy it and well known to Dan was the condition (parts car) as listed below. I didn't need the car, he did.

http://www.fierodrivers.com/forum/index.php?topic=2621.0

You figure that you know someone and they turn around and screw you.   A man is only good as his word. Evidently, his isn't.   
There is $250 owing
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 08:51:53 am by GoFast88 » Logged
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 10:41:15 am »

It's sad but a fact that every board or club has a disagreement of some sort between members.  I admit it's probably good to clear the air.

From my perspective:
You knew Dan wanted a car to build for his daughter.  It had to be solid, but the mechanics were not important.  Now the car in this thread is a whole different animal.  I believe it was misrepresented from the ad.  It's an 84, not an 85, doesn't look like it burned, smells so bad that I wouldn't have it anywhere near my place.  Worst of all it was said to be solid (I think 'no rust' was posted at one point).  It is rotten under the body.  May be savable with a shitload of welding but it isn't what I would call a viable project for my kid.

You did not buy it out of concern for Dan or the goodness of your heart.  You wanted to use it as trade for work.  The car is worthless as a project and it is not hard to see that.  Evidently you never bothered to look at it.  The smell alone would scare me away.  Expecting someone to take it off your hands is pretty hopeful.  It would have been simple to inspect it and then ask if it was an acceptable trade.  Dan had to take your word for it being in good condition.

8 hours of your time?  Fuck! Who the hell would pay for that.  It seems to me that I had a trailer and a car stuffed in my yard for months on end.  Did I look for payment for parking or my time to move it back and forth?

Time to get off your high horse and smell the coffee.  I suspect you'll be paying shop rates at a garage for any work down the road. If there was any screwing being done, I don't think it was from Dan's end...........
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: URGENT not even 1 week, it has to go « previous next »
Jump to: