Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:56:15 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: WTB Kit and Car « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB Kit and Car  (Read 1568 times)
runitca
« on: September 11, 2004, 01:37:42 pm »

Hi,
   I am new to the OFCF, and am looking at getting into doing a Kit Car (to keep me out of the house over the next few years!!).  I have a dilemma, regarding where to start.. I have spent the last month getting my garage ready for the project, painting the floor, walls, buying tool's and getting prepared for the upcomming adventure.
My dilemma is 1. What kit to buy 2. what donor to buy.

I have looked at a 86GT with 192,000km 6cyl, 4sp with just power window's $1800.00 there is a bit of rust in the trunk and on the rails but the guy has done brakes.

The other car is 86 base 4cyl 92,000km 5spd with nothing $1,100.00...  but no air, windows or mirror's NOT a spec of rust anywhere on the car it was owned by an older guy 60+ and say's he never drove it in the winter..

3rd is a 3/4 completed kit owned by Ari in T.O. witch includes alot of stuff for what he is asking..

I would like to do a Ferrari 355 kit so I would end up changing the motor and susp brakes ect..

does anyone have any advice on what or where i should start.

The kit I am looking at is from a Carlos in Milton I have only heard good things about him and his kit he is asking around $7000.00 But havn't had a chance to talk to someone that has completed it

There is also another kit from Udo in Kitchener for about $8500 does anyone know anything about these two kit's?

Lastly....  If someone is selling a good donor car 6cyl, 5spd, Air, window's and mirror's for a reasonable price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rob
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 03:46:15 pm »

The best advice I can give you on buying a kit is to go see the kit first hand.  Both the parts and finished on a car.  You have to be satisfied with the end product.  If the kit car manufacturer does not have a finished model to look at then they aren’t worth looking at, because all kit car manufacturers know that it is standard practice to provide a list of satisfied customer that are willing to speak to potential clients.

Take your time, and be thorough when deciding because it is a lot of money that you’re spending.  Always sleep on it overnight, and don’t make any decisions until you have seen all the competitors’ products.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 08:41:54 pm »

If you are looking for a completed 308 body kitted car a guy in Wellington just south of me is selling his. Very nice car I think he's asking $19,000 for it but I am not sure. Can find out more info if you like. Dan
runitca
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 11:11:50 pm »

No I would like to complete a kit myself.  Thanks for keeping me in mind.
runitca
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 08:45:32 am »

Just wanted to update everyone....  I bought a 1/2 finished kit so thanks for keeping an eye out for me.
WillEV
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 09:36:09 pm »

runitca did you buy Ari's 355 spider?
runitca
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 10:56:20 pm »

Yes ...  I did...  Been trying to put it together for the past week...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: WTB Kit and Car « previous next »
Jump to: