Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:17:57 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Fiero with a 6" stretch and convertible real soon « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero with a 6" stretch and convertible real soon  (Read 1809 times)
BERKELUSA
« on: July 20, 2005, 10:16:30 pm »

Cool

The idea seen thanks to Photoshop..

The STATUS...
a 6-3/4" gap behind the rear window..

Using the junk roof panel to align the body.., The new steel seen here is only a fraction of whats going on to support the body in its original position 6" inches back, There is also a full sub-frame going under the car starting at the front suspensions mounting plates all the way back to the rear cradle mounts..

Those are gonna be some damn BIG vents!..

This thing was built from two cars... Both 1986 SE's and both silver, one loaded and one stripped for options.. Also one a 4-cly Duke (5-speed Isuzu) and the other a 2.8 V6 (auto junk trans) Amazingly the parts that were bad on one were perfect on the other...  Afro

That thing in my profile is a sandblaster I designed.. NO its not a pot-blaster.., Its has restored ALL of the front suspension parts back to NEW!!

From this:

To this:

Sandblaster link:
http://www.ammoman.com/Sandblaster

Earlier in the month I had the worlds shortest Fiero...   Shocked

Even earlier I had the worlds RUSTIEST Fiero, Isnt that where the junction-block mounts?? What a freaking MESS (all gone now and better rear clip just welded in)  Roll Eyes

Other side...

Every inch of this cars space-frame has been de-rusted / corrosion removed totally then it was coated in brown oxide primer with a fresh layer of gloss black over it, All lines Fuel/Water/Clutch will be new...

Regards, Rob
berkelusa@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:38:55 am by BERKELUSA » Logged
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 10:43:08 pm »

looks good Rob
so where does the 6 3/4" dimension come from?
is it for something specific?

gp
BERKELUSA
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 10:56:28 pm »

Nothing KIT specific, Just a stretched Fiero

Not a 308 reppy (nice car btw)..

I measured all the points and the best length to go with was 6" inches PERIOD..

IE:
Shifter cables still reach...

Electrical harness can still reach...

Side lower panels can be stretched and some vents added on both sides...

Top rear clip can be chopped and flattened with the parts from the other car...

Rear decklid just needed some angle-iron extensions.. and at 5" they would have overlapped.. lol (rough draft, will look better when they are done OK? lol)

Roof still has a lip on the top to rest on..., But 6" back..

The top fiberglas panel has just have enough metal left to make some temporary holes so the panel can still be mounted and help in the re-aligment of the new rear clip 6" inches further back... (right on that raised dent we all have)

Things like that.. lol

Rob
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:59:24 pm by BERKELUSA » Logged
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 10:59:28 pm »

any chance that makes it long enough for a longitudinal V8, maybe?
THAT would be interesting.............

I like the looks; the proportions look good.

BERKELUSA
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 11:04:09 pm »

Possibly with that (what do they call it) TH425?

Point the engine either forwards or backwards..

Yeah plenty of room, I like the 2.8, But thinkin more along the lines of the 3.4 pushrod all day..

Nope.. I'm not a NEWBIE anymore..

I like this "update" Funny part is that not many can tell you what this steering wheel came from and it fits like a glove, Factory Fiero GT Logo and all..

But I think it looks better with the 85' Corvette TORCH RED carpet color...

(Wheel is an 80's Chevy S-10 Blazer)
Rob
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:18:25 pm by BERKELUSA » Logged
Slammed Fiero
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 10:12:19 am »

Car looks great!!

Can you post info on how you built your sandblaster?
BERKELUSA
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 10:32:34 am »

This is the blaster design, Like NOTHING you have ever used before, Works on HIGH and LOW pressure from your compressor, Its not a POT, CUP or even a SIPHON blaster..

I was sick of clogging lines so designed my own and now own the patent!

I cant build everyone a unit (yet) So I sell the plans online all day for only $10 bucks..  Cool

You can see it here:

https://www.ammoman.com/sandblaster/

Let me drop some updated pics here of my Fiero:

Sitting in position awaiting plates to hold the stretch, As you can see its already aligned, spot-welded and holding its own weight because of the 1" x 1" extensions I made to go inside the frame rails..  Tongue

3/16ths plate on the surface connecting the old clip to the new one, Multiple holes drilled for plug-welds that will make the two become ONE..

Plug-welds now done and ground smooth on the drivers side...

Last a shot of zinc primer then its time for the other side and the inside plates...

Passengers side plug-welds just completed...  Afro

New forward cradle mounts and the internal plates being designed...

Regards
Rob
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:37:55 am by BERKELUSA » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Fiero with a 6" stretch and convertible real soon « previous next »
Jump to: