Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:15:20 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Northstar guys « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Northstar guys  (Read 1804 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« on: June 18, 2004, 05:04:51 pm »

I have started a list of who needs a flywheel that bolts up to the Northstar and will work with any Fiero man. transaxle. The cost will be around $300 to $350, I have around 6 to 7 other jumping in, the more the lower the cost. E-mail me if you want in.
thespeedshop@sbcglobal.net
We are having them made through Spec Clutches and are one of the best setups you can go with, it works great with the stage 3 clutch that they sell for $299.99
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 04:41:37 pm »

The flywheels are done just wanting on a bearing that will be in on Tuesady of next week.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 05:04:46 pm »

I've been looking at this for a while and shaking my head.  It's too bad I didn't have people to go in with when I did my flywheel and clutch.  That's just the way it is though.

How many people are building northtars?  Is it really that much?

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 07:02:19 pm »

We have 6 or 7 getting in on this one, they are making 15 just so they can be stocked. Even after they run out they say they can now have them made in 2 weeks since they have the program done.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 01:50:05 pm »

I just got off the phone with David and I DO have good news.
They are done, and they can be shipped tomorrow, today is a little close to there last shipping time of the day.
But tomorrow for sure "or so I am told".
Each person wanting to buy a flywheel needs to contact Spec directly, I am not going to be collecting any money.
There is no part number needed, everyone there knows that the Cadillac Northstar for the Fiero was completed.
Here is all the info. to contact Spec:
Spec Performance Clutches, INC.
3420 Davey Allison Blvd.
Hueytown, AL 35023
Orders: 1-800-828-4379 "this phone may not be working right just yet"
Tech: 205-491-8581
Fax: 205-491-8593
Email: sales@specclutch.com

The final price for the Flywheel is going to be $399

There is going to be a package deal for all of us if you buy the flywheel and a clutch.
There are three clutches you should consider, they depend on how your going to drive the car.
A stage 2 is going to be an ok setup for people that are not going to be "hot rodding, racing, or alot of playing around".
The stage 3 is going to take whatever you throw at it, it will hold the power without any question, however the stage 3 is harder to drive, the clutch is an on or off clutch and what I mean by that is as its let out when it catches it catches, I mean it holds! There is no feathering the clutch, period!!!!!!
He did tell me there is a newer clutch called the stage 3 K, he tells me it holds just as well as the stage 3 when its full enaged but has the drivablity of a stage 2, and it just about $20 or $30 more than the stage 3.

Also I was told they will have the standard Spec warranty on both the flywheel and clutch.
So, after a long long long time we have it done. Did I do good or what?
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 03:43:13 pm »

Did I do good or what?

Yes!

I'm going to order one with my next clutch replacement.

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 10:43:51 pm »

Tell them you read it here and I sent you Bobby from The Speed Shop  Wink
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 03:37:27 pm »

thanks

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Northstar guys « previous next »
Jump to: