Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:43:21 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Brake Upgrade Options « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brake Upgrade Options  (Read 1406 times)
maxx
« on: June 30, 2003, 03:14:03 am »

Hello, I have a upgrade question for you guys. I have a 84 2m4, 15” rims, that's been in storage for the last who-knows-how-many years. I took it out this weekend and it's finally in my garage getting ready to hit the road again. One of the front calipers seized and I'm considering brake options.

I would like to know the Canadian price of the front brake upgrade to 11.25" vented rotors and how much of a pain would this be to install for someone who never did brake work before? Anyone done this upgrade recently? I priced out the stock Fiero front brake parts from Canadian Tire (premium rotors/pads/calipers) to $372+tax for both wheels. (Any point to going premium here?) I'm going to price out the Beretta rotors/calipers tomorrow, since I see that’s the most popular upgrade option.

Let me know what you think… Either way I go, I want to start ordering parts ASAP to get this thing on the road. No more procrastination!!!!

Thanks,
Marko
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 08:45:51 pm »

I have Grand Am's on the back( They were done when I bought the car so I can't say amount of difficulty) but they work great and cheaper for parts as I recall but some say that adding that extra unsprung weight isn't a good thing. If you do a search in PFF you'll find hoardes of info and would be a good place to make your decision, plus budget is a big factor.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
JetJumper
Jetjumper
FORUM MASTER
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 09:39:23 pm »

maxx, just incase you don't know what PFF is it is located at www.fiero.nl

-----------------------
JetTech
www.jetjumper.ca
-----------------------
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Brake Upgrade Options « previous next »
Jump to: