Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:48:21 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: ISUZU ROCKS!!!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ISUZU ROCKS!!!!!!!  (Read 1832 times)
FieroDough
« on: July 28, 2002, 11:14:46 am »

It's ALIVE!!!!

I want to thank everyone who helped make this swapp possible!

Gary, gonna clean that hoise and make it shiney new, then got to find a van or trailer to bring her back. THANKS A MILLION! This would of been impossible with no hoist.

Here are a few things I learned.

Exaust: Clean those exaust manifolds! open them up! they sound great, run cooler. Did not notice any hp gain.. but too many things changed at once for me to accuratly measure this.

Oil pressure: For God sake! if that 2.8 means anything to you, drop the pan ($11.00 for a gasket) and clean up that oil pickup filter! My car even when hot and idling has high oil pressure now!

Electrical: Do you have a flashing oil light? Weird gauges? Turn on the blinkers and all the cars lights have a blinking rithim? The importance of a good ground strap! Gm was real cheap on the ground with the Fiero. The engine gets awesome ground but the chassis gets next to nothing. Got a heavy gauge cable, put eye lids on it, bolted one end to the batt the other to a sanded part of the frame. Runds like a new car! gauges are more acurate, sterieo sounds better (after market) and all accessories can run at once with no apperent power loss!

Geep that engine clean!: Dirty engine smells bad. Smells like and old car. remove the insulation behing the engine. it is pobably soaked in oil, sludge and grime. Once removed and area cleaned, then engine is oderless! Smiley

Cradle mounts: Got poly mounts. Don't notice any change. No more vibration oor anything. I guess I need to poly everything to make a diff.

Tranny: The isuzu is not the toughes tranny but I love it!!!!! All gears but 5th have awesome pull! and 5th is the way I like it, it's geared far different then 1-4 so you can just cruise at low RPM, then when you need to pass, down shift! I have a dinamx clutch with isuzu bearing. Feels great! It really pulls hard on take off! Love it love it love it! And with the new engine I will be doubling my HP, immagine then!?!?!?! Wow!   Shocked

Leaving for cold shower!  Grin
Cheers!
Eric

FieroBUZZ
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2002, 03:53:53 pm »

Eric...I bought a van so I'll come get it when you're ready.

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it in person.  I changed my tranny oil (5-30) to GM syncromesh fluid.  Seems to be better but hard to say yet.

Have fun and don't break it 'till we get to see it.

Gary
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: ISUZU ROCKS!!!!!!! « previous next »
Jump to: