Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:24:04 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Need UCA asap « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need UCA asap  (Read 1484 times)
tach_abrader
« on: April 19, 2004, 04:00:46 pm »

Hey, I have my car in at my shop to get aligned, and they tell me my Drivers side upper control arm is bent.  Does anyone have an extra one on their parts car or wherever that I could get off them in the next couple days?  I'll be in the area and can pick up/take it off, but if someone has one thats off and can ship it that would be best.  Preferably one that has the bushings intact, I'll probably need the outer sleeves for the poly bushings.  Might have to cut through the bushing and all to get the arm off Sad

Thanks, email me or PM me if you can help!

Brad

dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 08:48:02 am »

Assuming that you mean a pre-88?  You didn't say.   Smiley

Does anyone have an extra one on their parts car or wherever that I could get off them in the next couple days?

Check with FieroBUZZ.  There is a ('85 ?) parts car in his driveway at the moment, but may not be there for much longer.

Might have to cut through the bushing and all to get the arm off Sad

No you don't.  The fastest way to snag a UCA from a parts car is with a sawzall.  A carefully handled sawzall can cut through the pivot bolt at the gap between the UCA and the upper spring perch.  You lose the pivot bolt, and will likely chew up any caster washers which are there, but you still get what you came for.   Grin

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
cowans
Fiero Know-it-all

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 09:58:38 am »

I believe there's an 84 at G&L-824-4985. Or an 85 at Union 800-263-3595...
Sandy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Need UCA asap « previous next »
Jump to: