Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:44:55 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: bolt pattern swap? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: bolt pattern swap?  (Read 2335 times)
raunchy
« on: November 27, 2005, 02:54:10 pm »

Anybody ever swap there wheel bolt pattern..eg]..100mm to 4 3/4"[5 bolt]..just wondering whats involved in doing this..any suggestions would be appreciated..thnx.. also how wide of a tire can you get on the back of a fiero?..would 255/60/15s be too big?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 03:00:56 pm by raunchy » Logged
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 09:01:08 am »

Anybody ever swap there wheel bolt pattern..eg]..100mm to 4 3/4"[5 bolt]..just wondering whats involved in doing this.

Check fiero308's build thread for one way of doing it.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
raunchy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 05:30:34 pm »

Anybody ever swap there wheel bolt pattern..eg]..100mm to 4 3/4"[5 bolt]..just wondering whats involved in doing this.

Check fiero308's build thread for one way of doing it.
  ok thank you dguy..i'll shall check it out.. Afro
fiero308
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 04:26:29 am »

word to the wise: be really sure you DO want to do this. I assumed that I would have the 'pick of the litter' when it came to wheels in the popular chev 4 3/4" bolt pattern......

NOT SO!!
I made the mistake of going ahead with this conversion (I had other reasons too, actually...) without REALLY checking out this particular point. You might be amazed at how FEW options you have - at least compared to other patterns including the good ole 5 x 100.........

Really. Look around; be really sure of the size, OFFSET (!!) and style before you jump into this. I have the impression (after lots of looking) that there are more styles avail in other patterns than in the 4 3/4" now.

Don't forget that GM has discontinued the venerable Camaro (and firebird I assume)...... and for a reason. it just wasn't as popular as they wished.... and that means WHEELS are not as popular and/or common anymore, either.

A word of caution; do your homework first is all. You might be disappointed if you don't.

gp
raunchy
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 05:48:42 am »

Thats a very good point about the thrid gens being discontinued..my plan was too install z-28 rims on a fiero,however the back spacing concerns me,the rims are VERY deep with a 4 1/2" back space...so your "bang on' when you said the pickings are slim for the 4 3/4 chevy..i know there's backspacers,but i'm still in dought..
fiero308
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 05:54:30 am »

i bet for the cost (and trouble) of the conversion you can buy NICE custom wheels that do what you want.
Check out Centreline Wheels; at least they USED to make custom wheels for cheap!!
If and when I get everything (else) done I will consider buying 3 of each; 17" fronts and backs; so I have a spare for each (diff offset front to back); last time I looked they were VERY appealing price wise; custom made for standard prices!!!!

oh yeah
the IROC rims have a different offset front to back too.....
another item to work around.......

raunchy
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 06:09:17 am »

thats great info thank you..obtw..you wouldn't happen to know the backspacing or offset on the stock fiero rim?i think there called 21 slot..dunno?
fiero308
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 06:14:09 am »

no idea at all....... there are several diff sizes (14" and 15" anyway) altho I suspect they have the same offsets.

you will also find that wheel mfrs make "front wheel drive" and "rear wheel drive" type wheels.....
fun doing all the research.......
 Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: bolt pattern swap? « previous next »
Jump to: