Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:30:37 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Update « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Club Update  (Read 847 times)
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« on: February 09, 2003, 02:11:49 am »

In case I don't have you included on the dist list, if you wish to be email me:

Hello All
   Yes I'm aware that we have neither State nor a Union, but damnit if Bush can use it to address an entire country, surely I can use it to address our club.I thought it was high time to hit you all with the customary random email. I have been rather busy of late, after my hiatus I've come back with a vengeance. I have FINALLY been getting around to updating the website, I still have much to do, but as per usual, a work in progress, thankfully Chris managed to give us a needed makeover. The Picture section has been overhauled, dumping the former random car pic in lei of our events in an almost logical setup. Next on the hit list is the event section, hopefully later today I will get to it.
   I have been recently appointed as PR Director of CFOG-I, so now clubs across North America get subjected to my motormouth as well, so been putting in hours of getting info and Press Releases done for the upcoming 20th Anniversary in July. Been a pile of work but you guys will get a glimpse of it this weekend, and should be well worth the effort, some pretty cool things planned, if you have any questions regarding the events or CFOG-I please contact me, and we'll discuss more on the 15th.
   We have a bunch of new folks who still continue to trickle in which is awesome. We have well surpassed the mark of 20 I hoped to have by our first year. We currently sit at 35(+/- a couple) members. In all honesty I didn't really didn't know if the club here would fly, I gave it 40% chance, but thankfully you proved me wrong. And on top of all this great progress one worry you have when bringing such a broad spectrum of folks together is the personality mix and if it will work, and without a doubt this is one of the finest groups I've had the privilege of being associated with, you do the club proud, lets keep it going.
   Now looking forward we will be entering our first full summer, and we managed to  latch on to Tyler and the Solo events and pretty much winged the rest, it'll be nice to go into 2003 organized. On the 15th I'd like to tackle a pile of issues and get a yah or nay consensus on some things. One thing is many of us have families and other commitments so based on that we can come up with an approach we will take in regards to events and such. The issues I'd like to discuss on the 15th are:

Club Structure- Do we like the way it is now, Do we want to get a little more formal, Do we have any volunteers  to help plan events etc.

Regular Meetings- Do we want a monthly meeting on a more regimented schedule, plan a schedule for the next few months

Events Plans- Which ones, plan our own?idea's.

Club Gear- Interest in Club T-Shirts, etc, stickers

Tech Sessions- looks like I will be rebuilding my 2.5, so we have 1 project, but can we get volunteers to do basic maintenance procedures, performance                                         improvement.Is there the interest to learn, possibly a spot on the website for such info.

20th Anniversary- overall discussion on who is planning on going and fill everyone in on current plan and any question you have about it

Club Policy- We have mentioned this before, but suggestions on what we want to adopt, nothing too over the top, but as a club if your there as a part of the                                club you respect the integrity of the club, that you don't pull what we saw on our first meeting, some Honda  guy getting us harassed(respect                                ma atoritie) and risking  damaging our cars.

Round Table- Voice your opinion about anything I'm not thinking of, all suggestions and idea's are welcome.

So please let me know if you plan to attend this Saturday the 15th 7:00pm so I can make reservations. It will be at Local Heroes Kanata( Carling Ave just off March Rd, the old Wiley's) also it'll be Sens in Toronto so it will be a good game to watch.

Posted after the sig are map links, the rest is on the other side of Carling from the Loeb Mall(right near March)

See you Saturday

Cheers
Steven Belanger

Ottawa Fiero

OFC Forum: http://ofcforum.sytes.net/yabbse/

Email: ottawafiero@rogers.com

Holy frikin link batman!

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?size=big&mapdata=%2bDurgsgaQPu3Ht4rZzybKnsJYnm80crN%2bdnFfGo0G9nJiimXXxl88BGx1hdVWBydH4SySe8MBixNLFrpPiIydExrsjrHGbnzXnRbABxznsVnR9xwY4uyqQ9to6AAVO081JDXuxY%2fwO4IF509R6kAhsT3cDuu4ogcnc%2fjmWbJ3SlHrr0GEzZlqh3uz5R4ZOPzM4Zesbe3GKqWoy61fUFdUOsRUHOKpEuxRN5%2fd6K9ZFsuj0WavTXc59WxmNvld5NgKA03yz7D5djGGMOtWDxfoYQGSkmfV9MxfnoyCJ1PyejPNEAOpNaoMWC6vxqxFBBo7rB%2fu738x0MJH8SAOC7EUQ%3d%3d

http://ypng.infospace.com/_1_22OKT3G03ZC73E2__canada.widept/ypv3ca/detail.htm?qb=0F423F1869F&recid=2000411279&xmlurl=http%3A%2F%2Fyp4.superpages.ca%2Fxml%2Fdetail.phtml%3FN%3Dlocal%2Bheroes%26PG%3DL%26R%3DN%26SRC%3Dinfospace_ca%26S%3Don%26AL%3D%26MC%3D1%26map.x%3D212%26map.y%3D125%26level%3D8%26lat%3D%26lng%3D%26POI1lat%3D%26POI1lng%3D%26POI1name%3DLocal%2BHeroes%2BBar%2526Grill%26straddr1%3D%26city%3D%26state%3D%26zip%3D%26LID%3D2000411279%26LS%3D%26display%3D1%26AD%3D%26GV%3D0%26GL%3D%26FN%3D%26PP%3D%26CID%3D0F423F1869F%26CB%3D&kcfg=ypca&ypinsp=0&searchtype=all&fromform=qsearch&qb=0F423F1869F&qh=Non_classified+Establishments&qhqn=local+heroes&qn=local+heroes&qs=on&qz=K2K2A4&qk=15&recid=2000411279

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Club Update « previous next »
Jump to: