Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:00:27 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Were is everyone? It's getting hot outside! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Were is everyone? It's getting hot outside!  (Read 1633 times)
FieroDough
« on: March 01, 2004, 03:38:19 pm »

How is all the projects doing?

How many cars on the road this year? Mine is! Yeah haw!!! and i need to get intouch with Gary to get his out as well. Smiley

I'm so excited to actually get behind the wheel of my sweet sweet Fiero again. Smiley

Cheers!
Eric
JAYGT
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 04:31:29 pm »

it does seam quit here.  im trying my best to get my fiero ready.  should be on the road in 4 weeks.  low funds are holding me back.  
Sentinel
Returns to active lurker status
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

Wrapped in Horsepower, Driving into Fury......

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 08:19:12 pm »

Same here, no job=no Fiero slush fund, but now I got a kick ass job so job firing things into space=Fiero time, ehe can't wait, get my alternator issue sorted out at the machinist and I just might have a Fiero at a club event for the first time, geez how sad is that.

We drive so fast , it seems as though , we take into the sky, the Fiero Machines in Harmony , Hear the Engines Cry
GoFast85
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 07:37:19 am »

The word has it that there is going to be at least one more good snowstorm in the making. Then the machine will be ready for the road.
Kevin
Ottawa Fiero Member
MASTER FIERO

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 10:09:11 am »

I never put mine away this year so although I got to play in the snow, I did not get some of the projects done that needed to get done. Can't wait to see everyone's Fieros out and about.
  We were talking about a build day for Gary most of the work could probably be done by the end of the day. Whadaya think G?
  Steve I cannot wait to see your Fiero running, they look pretty sitting in your driveway though Grin.
                      CYA, Kevin
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 11:08:49 am »

I'll be tuning my car all summer but I'll still be driving it, alot.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
GoFast85
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2004, 12:30:12 pm »

We were talking about a build day for Gary most of the work could probably be done by the end of the day. Whadaya think G?
I hope Gary realizes that he will be supplying the refreshments!!  pick a time on the weekend so that we can have a good full day at it.  
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 08:50:01 am »

Coming along nicely myself, though behind schedule as far as I'm concerned.  Theoretically I'll be through farting around with a number of interior items this weekend.  Just waiting for some headliner material to come in, and a few other things.

If that was all I'd be happy, but I have as yet an undiagnosed clutch failure to take care of, a poly job to finish up front, and some other fun stuff.

If all goes well I should have her four feet on the ground by the end of this month, mid-April at the latest.   Can't wait...

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
FieroDough
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 09:34:17 am »

Coming along nicely myself, though behind schedule as far as I'm concerned.  Theoretically I'll be through farting around with a number of interior items this weekend.  Just waiting for some headliner material to come in, and a few other things.

If that was all I'd be happy, but I have as yet an undiagnosed clutch failure to take care of, a poly job to finish up front, and some other fun stuff.

If all goes well I should have her four feet on the ground by the end of this month, mid-April at the latest.   Can't wait...

Were did you get the poly bushings for the front? I can't seem to find them localy.

cheers!
Eric
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 01:56:25 pm »

Were did you get the poly bushings for the front? I can't seem to find them localy.

Not locally.  Wink

I ordered Prothane's "total" kit from Summit a little over a year ago I think it was.  It covers all the suspension bushings from nose to tail, including the front stabilizer links & pillows.  84-87 only, I believe.  Prothane's part number for the kit is 7-2034.

Summit doesn't have it listed in their online catalog, but I should have their part number at home in my filing cabinet if you're interested.

All "extra" costs (exchange, duty, etc.) factored in, and it really wasn't that bad a deal if you ask me.

FieroDough
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 03:27:12 pm »

hook me up with the # Smiley  

what was your grand total?
34FieroGT
Ottawa Fiero Member
Fiero Know-it-all

This, is my BOOMSTICK!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 05:19:09 pm »

Eric:  You may also want to check out:

www.suspension.com

When I rebuilt my suspension a couple of years ago, I was able to get every poly bushing needed there.  They don't have a kit like Summit, but I was able to easily find the required part numbers on their site and order them over the phone.  They're based out of California and was pleasantly surprised to receive the bushings in less than two weeks from when I placed my order.

tyler...
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 07:52:03 am »

hook me up with the # Smiley  

what was your grand total?

Summit's part number: PTP-7-2034

It was priced at $74.69 (US) roughly this time last year.  I forgot to write down how much shipping was...  d'oh.  But Canada Customs' cut was a hair under $25 CDN.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: Were is everyone? It's getting hot outside! « previous next »
Jump to: