Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 11:19:32 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Chip « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chip  (Read 1847 times)
Boy-z
« on: March 05, 2003, 02:52:46 pm »

Well I ordered a chip today for my car. from jet performance. they are out of Toronto. But I have called allot of places regarding performance exhaust systems and all I keep getting is Borla at around 705.00 U.S. I was qouted 1050.00 from a friend through a speedshop here in town. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper route as I was looking for a freeflow cat /muffler any idea's if it exsists cheaper or can a custom be made.
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 03:10:34 pm »

well, the Borla is supposed to be very good, but $700US is kinda nice to have too....  Is that for a complete SS system I hope?
In another month or two (has something to do with the weather ya know) I am going to be tinkering with that sort of thing but you might not want to wait either....
I know there are some alternatives to SS - various powder and high temperature coatings; RLD Industries (here in Ottawa) advertise that and they might be worth checking out.  That way you could go with mild steel and get it coated which is an option.
I have a contact who can provide SS cats only; made in Canada and so should be cheaper!!!!  I will see what I can find out on that.
talk soon

G
Boy-z
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 03:27:04 pm »

No I was just curious I am definately not buying Borla. I am hopeing someone will come up with something
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 06:31:12 pm »

RSM in  T.O. has a system for only 1,000.00  Grin

You can get a hi flo cat at any speed shop like KVR in the east end.  The muffler for a 3.4 Camaro has the single in - dual out we need so you can check the catalogues for different makes like Walker etc.  That leaves the pipes.  There is a shop that bends and welds in Carleton Place but I never did get a price.  

I have a CTC system that has regular steel pipes.  You could cut the pipes off the muffler and weld in a hi-po muffler if you want.  Yes it will rust out as it is not stainless. It is all 1 piece from cat to tips (no cat no tips)

If you want one made up, you could borrow it so the shop could duplicate the pipes.
Fieroflyer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 06:46:19 pm »

When I had my 3100SFI exhaust done I used the Grand Am manifolds and a muffler shop connected it tightly under the car connecting to the stock cat location with a new high flow cat, then followed the factory location to the muffler and added a new free flow dynomax muffler and out the back. All this for under $500. Now it is not stainless but I do not drive in the winter so it should last long enough to keep me happy. Also one major draw back to stainless is that it does not dissipate heat very well. A friend of installed SS exhaust on his 75 Vette years ago and the exhaust stayed so hot you couldn't sit comfortably in the car. Not something you want in a Fiero especially a modded one.  
Boy-z
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 07:21:41 pm »

Gary that probably seems the way to go cut the muffler off and weld on a new one plus the cat what about a nice set off sprints to bring the family altogether.(wink wink). went it get nice out .
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  Mods  |  Topic: Chip « previous next »
Jump to: