Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 07:36:18 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: cleaning fuel injectors « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cleaning fuel injectors  (Read 1179 times)
GSXRBOBBY
« on: August 17, 2004, 07:03:42 pm »

I am looking into cleaning my fuel injector since the motor has been on the stand for about a year now. I am thinking the injectors are going to be crystallized from sitting. I called around and found Napa is one of the only places around that does it and they want $25.00 an injector which is going to be over $160.00, is there a way to clean them well myself that someone may know of?
GoFast88
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 07:30:20 am »

A buddy of mine had a Volvo that ran like a dog. He put in 2 containers of injector cleaner with 2 tankfulls and it ran like a charm after that. Probably not as good as $160+ cleaning but better than nothing
GSXRBOBBY
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 04:56:24 pm »

The problem is that they may not work since they have been sitting for a year. I was told to soak them and use Seafoam with a half a tank of fuel. has anyone used this stuff, I have heard of it just haven't tried it yet?
GoFast88
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 09:50:39 am »

Although I am not a mechanic, I have yet to hear of injectors that ,because of inactivity, they have not worked. More like, they are somewhat plugged and that was due to the previouse owners maintenance. Bad gas, water, and non use of periodic injector cleaning will cause a problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: cleaning fuel injectors « previous next »
Jump to: