Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:00:54 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fiero Brakes (#1) stuff for sale « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fiero Brakes (#1) stuff for sale  (Read 3193 times)
87GT
Fiero Owner

« on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:03 am »

Fiero Brakes (#1) stuff for sale.

Finally got around to upgrading the brakes on the GT.  Now have some extraneous parts for sale.

1987 Fiero front hubs/rotors
very good condition (see pics)
or you can have them “parted off” for just the hubs
bearings included

1987 Fiero calipers
good condition, worked fine at removal time (April 19/12)
stock Fiero caliper brackets too if you need them
pads worn but free

See also my Fiero Brakes (#2) add for 12 inch Corvette rotors and C4 calipers conversion package, all new parts (I went with a different braking option).

Fiero Brakes (#3) add will also come along shortly listing barely used GrandAm/Beretta vented rotors and calipers after I get them off the back of the GT.  Only about 4500 KM on these GrandAm units, pads are still like new.
87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:44:00 am »

Fiero / Corvette Brakes (#2) stuff for sale for Fiero front brake conversion.

Corvette 12 inch C4 Rotors
never installed
already drilled to Fiero hub pattern
aluminum hub concentric rings included

Aluminum Corvette C4 Calipers
C4 pad mounting brackets (hard to get)
new slider pins
banjo bolts and copper washers
note: Corvette to Fiero bracket not included – supplier screw up

Stainless Steel covered brake hoses
proper length for these brakes on Fiero front

New performance Corvette brake pads

I have over $800 in this with machinists soaking for the concentric rings etc.  Got the runaround from supplier re the C4 to Fiero brackets which were supposed to be included.  Make me an offer.

See also my Fiero Brakes (#1) ad for used hubs/rotors and calipers from a 1987 Fiero GT.

Fiero Brakes (#3) add will also come along shortly listing GrandAm/Beretta vented rotors and calipers after I get them off the back of the GT.  Only about 4500 KM on these GrandAm units, pads are still like new.  These are a direct bolt-on for the Fiero rear and can also be used on the front with parted hubs.
madfrog67
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »

you have a PM on the calipers

Thanks
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

It's hard to see, but do you have C4 1988 to 96 rear calipers with the mounting brackets?

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

Aaron,

Corvette C4s were 1984 - 1996, but I believe that the brakes were not the same for all C4s.

Rotors and calipers I have were purchased from NAPA many moons ago as 1985 Corvette parts for the front.  NAPA part number for the rotors is 86241.  Part number for the calipers is lost (they were back-ordered - this would be the one receipt I can't find).

Can take more pics if that will help.

Don't have Vette to Fiero mounting brackets.  My local machinist doubled his quote for making the concentric rings and drilling the rotors to 5 X 100 mm, so I declined to have him do the brackets at the time.  Had to pay up to get my new aluminum hub and two Vette rotors back.

The "brackets" pictured are actually the hard-to-find plates for mounting the slider bolts on which the caliper moves laterally.  These plates bolt to the Vette/Fiero bracket.  Have seen several pics of these brackets for 84-87 Fieros and slightly different for the 88 Fiero.

Can send more pics of the components if it helps.

Gord

87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 06:36:32 pm »

Grand Am brake parts for sale.  Approximately 4500 country km on these components.

Includes Rotors, Calipers, Pads and backing plates.

Came from rear of my 87 GT as I am reinstalling the e-brake via a different solution.

Will bolt on to Fiero rear, 84-87.

Can bolt on to Fiero front over 'parted off' front hubs 84-87 (may need longer wheel studs).  See my ad #2 for info on front rotors for sale also.

All in excellent condition, hardly broken in.

Several good write-ups online as to the ease of installation and improved heat/fade control.  I can attest to the simple install at the rear.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 04:39:00 pm »

I don't need pics it's just the e-brake I'm looking for.  So if they have an e-brake lever on them then they are the 88 to 96 model but if you got them as 85's then I don't think so.

Yes it's harder to find corvette calipers with the mounting brackets (c/w sliders).

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 03:57:21 pm »

Aaron,

Yep, no e-brake provisions.

Gord
87GT
Fiero Owner

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:22:30 pm »

All of the Corvette and Grand Am parts are sold, leaving only the stock Fiero front hubs which are in good condition.
Offering them for free to a good home - can be used as is or parted off for a brake upgrade installation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Fiero Brakes (#1) stuff for sale « previous next »
Jump to: