Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:31:09 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: WTD 88 FIERO GT 5 Speed « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTD 88 FIERO GT 5 Speed  (Read 2032 times)
slyandjen
« on: January 22, 2007, 03:03:11 pm »

I am looking for a 88 Pontiac Fiero GT with a  5 speed

must have sunroof or t top and a/c

I would prefer to have the spoiler as well

I live in the Ottawa area but I wouldn't mind picking it up anywhere in canada

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:21:20 pm by slyandjen » Logged
steveo
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 06:42:31 pm »

we have an 88 but it has a 4 cyl. auto southern car has air let me know if intrested
slyandjen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:11:06 am »

Sorry I rather have a 88 GT with a V6
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 07:55:52 am »

Sorry I rather have a 88 GT with a V6

The 88 chassis has the "improved" suspension which goes with that year, regardless of which engine is in it.  Not to mention that all body parts are interchangeable from one style to the next.

Given the relative rarity of a fully-optioned 88 GT going up for sale (Fiero addicts tend to covet them), why not settle for any 88, and modify to suit?

There are lots of people here with secret caches of body parts; it should be relatively easy to piece together what you want to transform a notchback in to a fastback, including the wing.  Not to mention that you can probably purchase a 2.8 V6, wiring harness, and ECM for next to nothing from someone who has swapped in something else.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
slyandjen
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:09:58 pm »

First of All I want a original Pontiac Fiero GT with a V6 like I said
I want a car that is original that I want to keep for a long time

I don't have the time or the modivation to change body parts or the engine and tranny
or the parking to do all of the changes

It's would be a pain in the ass to locate parts and build a fake GT fiero

I want to buy a fiero gt so I can drive it right away not to put the fiero in a garage
and drive it when I have time to work on it and by the time it's finish that cars will
be flying like the movie back to the future..
dguy
Global Moderator
OFC Post-a-holic

Got vacuum. Want boost.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2007, 09:59:47 pm »

Nice.  Offer advice with the intent of helping, receive a hissy fit in return.   Roll Eyes

Regarding your comments about "drive it right away" vs. working on it.  Something to keep in mind, is that you're looking for a car which at this point is not only close to 20 years old, but there are few GTs out there which haven't been driven hard by one or more previous owners.  Sporty body style, decent handling for their day, and a torquey V6.  Chances are that any 88 GT you find, has not been babied for the majority of its life.

In other words, you shouldn't go shopping for one and expect not to spend some future down time either under your own wrench or at a shop.

Good luck with your search.

1984: Track car project.
1985 SE: Dead 2.8, stalled L67 swap.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2007, 11:20:31 pm »

Sounds like you want a California car.  Look down there and bring it back.

Alternately you could pay me a huge amount of money and I'll convert mine back to stock for you!

Good luck on your search.

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
MacPhail
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2007, 11:52:57 pm »

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/030428.html

88GT, little over 100K on car, factory CJB Coded T-tops (Which don't leak), new p-seals
5speed getrag, w/ rodney ultimate shift kit and compitition short shifter, clutch pedal and MC was also replaced.
V8 TPI '91 corvette motor w/ Archie Deluxe kit, using CC90 ceramic coated headers, remote CSR elec water pump, TPIS Harness and custom chip, less than 40K on motor (have the title to the 'vette the motor came from)
Battery relocated to front w/ Norm's Kit and Optima Red-Top Battery
Suspension was rebuilt w/ all Poly busings front/rear, New upper/lower ball joints, tie-rod ends, Rear Strut bar.
Brakes are 12" vented drilled 'vette rotors, New (not rebuilt) calipers were installed front/rear with stainless steel brake lines.
Wheels are 17" Enkei's (7.5"F/8"R) with 225F and 245'sR Dunlops Z-rated
Interior has Mr. Mikes Leather seats and Door Lowers (has black/beechwood theme), Driver seat has factory lumbar with new bladders, New black carpet, fierostore mats, Custom Sub Console w/ 10" sub, Pioneer CD Player, Pioneer front speakers, Alarm/Keyless entry system. Autometer Oil Press, water temp Sport Comp Guages.
New quarter windows, new taillight lens, new outer dew wipes.
MUCH MORE...................

Kansas City area though.  Make for a fun road trip.

Cheers, Derek
slyandjen
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 03:11:30 am »

dguy I wasn't throwing a hissy fit

I just know what I am looking for that all..

like you if you were looking for a specific car like a collectors car I think you would set your
mind on a car you want right?
I know that there is nice people that are trying to help me but I got my mind set on something
thanks everybody for trying to help me..
FieroBUZZ
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 06:08:35 am »

I didn't read it the same way as Don.  But then again Don was just trying to help by pointing out some facts.  I doubt he meant to offend.

We (I) don't know you, your Fiero background, or mechanical abilities.  Your ad does state what you want, but when dealing with a 20 year old car in Canada, a little flexibility goes a long way.

There are nice 88 Fiero GT's out there, but I'll wager 95% of them are in the USA.  I'd do my search in the rust free states and bring the car back.  You do need to jump through some hoops, but not too much of a chore.

A 20 year old car will require some updating to be 'right'.  Most of the rubber will be well on it's way.  Other things will likely be the same.

If you are buying because an 88 has a better designed suspension, it only applies if you rebuild the suspension.  Yes, it's better, but I doubt legal road driving in Canada would show any real difference.

If you are buying for an investment, I doubt any Fiero will ever reach the investment status of a vacant building lot in our lifetime.  The only possibility is either a car with a 'history' someone considers valuable or some crazy collector with more money than brains.

If you want it to drive, buy a car, have it put right, and enjoy it for what it is.  Come meet the guys when the weather brightens and try a sampling of stock and modded cars.

Gary
indypacecar
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:29:28 pm »

Look here don t know how to add as a link but here it is......
ebay link

verry nice car
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 08:27:28 am by dguy » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Sell your Car  |  Topic: WTD 88 FIERO GT 5 Speed « previous next »
Jump to: