Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:54:40 pm
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 4" air intake system « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 4" air intake system  (Read 1368 times)
GoFast88
« on: August 30, 2004, 12:13:22 pm »

Dan. -- The 4" inch system WILL fit in the stock location.
http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/054386.html
It can be done and the next project in the works.
aaron88
Ottawa Fiero Member
OFC Post-a-holic

Kempvision

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 12:51:31 pm »

There wasn’t much usefull information in that thread.  You knew that the 4” would fit, what you still don’t know is the part number for that rubber tube.  But you aren’t using rubber so it doesn’t matter.

The only really important thing here to know is that your filter should be 9” long cone type and have 4 .5” opening (4.5” so that it fits over the 4” pvc).

Aaron

Your only limitations are set from within, by a lack of vision.  But to have vision alone leaves the process idle.  Ergo, without action your thoughts are worthless.
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 01:25:30 pm »

Brian, try the Ottawa Fastener store in Bells Corners.  It seems to me that they had a variety of tubing displayed up on a wall.  I think on the far left one as you enter the store.  They had some reinforced  rubber stuff with the coiled spring AFAIK.
2ML67
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 08:37:25 pm »

GTP air box, flat piece of plastic, 4" 45 deg elbow, some fiberglass cloth and resin and a couple of brackets. A little time and there you go one 4" piped air filter with stock GTP  filter which can easily be replaced with a K&N filter. Works great and easy to replace filter when necessary. Dan
GoFast88
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 09:51:41 am »

Brian, try the Ottawa Fastener store in Bells Corners.  It seems to me that they had a variety of tubing displayed up on a wall.  I think on the far left one as you enter the store.  They had some reinforced  rubber stuff with the coiled spring AFAIK.
Picked up some yellow black tubing (gotta be colour co-ordinated ya know  Cheesy) and found that the 4" K & N filter is # RE-0870 special order from Canadian Tire via Maryland USA for $67.17 cdn with 5 day delivery time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  General  |  General Chat  |  Topic: 4" air intake system « previous next »
Jump to: