Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:35:11 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wheels and tires for sale « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: wheels and tires for sale  (Read 2761 times)
fiero308
« on: March 06, 2003, 10:09:24 am »

hi all
I am planning on putting bigger brakes on my car in the huge expectation that I am going to be able to make it go faster.....lol, I know. But it is the logical thing to start with so .... I am going to be looking for bigger wheels.
So my 15" rims (as per the picture) and the tires on them are up for sale. I am guessing they are 7 or 7 1/2" wide. They are not in concours shape but could be polished up to look pretty good; no bad scrapes, either. The tires are nothing special but are all BFG T/A's in exc shape; fronts are 215/65/15 and rears are 245/60/15. Yeah. Different sizes.  Tons of tread and even wear, for what it is worth.
I would like $100 each for them incl tires. There are only 2 centrecaps so you would have to source two or a full matching set. I might show them on ebay just to get some exposure to other fiero clubs etc. And by the way, these are the correct appearing wheel for that car model.
I ALSO have 2 BRAND NEW BFG COMP T/A's - never turned once; size 225/50ZR16. These are the top of the line; The equivalent tire from BFG (@Frisby) is $294 each ($338 w/taxes); asking $200 each for them; will think about offers. These are brand new; you will easily see.  
I don't want to piece meal any of this stuff as you can understand.
thanks! Grin Grin Grin
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2003, 10:11:44 am »

Forgot to add; if anyone wants up-close, individual pix I will take some and can email them privately.
Let me know.
Thx
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 10:26:41 am »

Do the rears have stock struts?  I have 235.50.16's that hit the stupid springs.

I may be interested in a couple of months as I like the lotsa tire look vs the current rubber band theme.  I think Claude has similar rims, if someone needs a quick source for the caps.  (just kidding of course).

fiero308
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 08:37:05 am »

Gary: (I just NOW saw the first part of your note.....)
as far as I know everything is stock on this thing.
You have 16" wheels?  What kind; ie, for what make? I find that most/all bigger wheels that FIT our cars are actually for FWD cars and therefore have a huge offset that isn't necessarily ideal for us, altho, yes, the wheels fit.....
Don't know if that might be part of the problem...?
I have scrubbed a few time (only drove it a bit before I parked it) but it was on turns AND bumps as I remember.
Yeah, actually, I kinda like the rubber look too; seems to fit.
AND I had a quick look at the firebird dash thing - thanks for the tip and link! Smiley Cool Grin
« Last Edit: March 08, 2003, 11:57:33 am by fiero308 » Logged
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 09:43:04 am »

;DGid day....... Im planning or possibly will be geting 4 original GM wheels for mine so if this is the case i will give you the hubs off mine if you think they will fit....... Cheesy
fiero308
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 09:51:55 am »

Grin thanks for the offer; if they will fit I will make it worth your while;
I have no idea how universal they are or are not.
I am not in a hurry (wee bit of snow issue) and guess that you aren't either , right now.....

Thanks!
GP
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 10:52:46 am »

No problem you can have these or maybe trade for rebuilt 2.8..... kidding...and yes i was going to prepare my GT to send to the shop to have it ready for spring.....SPRING....what the %&@# is that i think buythe time all this sh... melts August is looking as a plan to put mine back on ths road  Undecided
fiero308
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 11:13:20 am »

what are you doing with the 2.8? I am probably going to have an extra on my hands; doing a swap-in of SOMEthing........  good chance it will be a 3.4 pushrod engine with some mods (special pistons and turbo etc) altho I am also looking fwd to seeing a 3800 SC 'in the flesh' so to speak....
 Wink
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2003, 11:30:35 am »

Well like i was telling Gary last November....the day i was taking it off the road for the season the alternator bracket broke off @ it overheated so im keeping my fingers crossed no internal damaged  happened..... But if it dies im defenitly sticking to the original 2.8 Smiley
fiero308
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2003, 11:47:20 am »

:-\any idea how long it ran without a water pump?
I have tried to run a 305 V8 a short ways without cooling once........
did an autopsy on the engine later.  No cooling is real real serious business.  Made quite an impression on me!!!  camshaft was in pieces after a couple of rods broke and let pieces of piston and valve and stuff go in various directions at high speed.
It wasn't even a very impressive explosion; just a sort of metallic 'clank' sound (pretty loud; got your attention!) and that was that.  Toast.
Anyway, Gary has what sounds like a good motor if you need one.
 Roll Eyes
gp
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2003, 12:24:43 pm »

Actually i had a make shift belt on it @ ran for awhile it idled fine @ it did not spurt out that funny white smoke oil seemed ok......so i am really hoping to get another summer out of it Undecided
FieroBUZZ
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2003, 01:02:14 pm »

Claude made a belt out of  his pantyhose  Grin

I drove my 305 about 10Km, noticed the temp gauge had gone right up and headed home.  On the way it bent the peg and started round on the second time.  As I got near home it boiled off the last of the coolant.  Coasted to a park, left it all winter, poured water into it in the spring and drove for another 4 months.  now that's good luck.

fiero308
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2003, 01:24:53 pm »

yup. that is good luck. the SBC is almost indestructible but it really doesn't like to overheat.
That motor autopsy was pretty interesting; an eye opener.
 Cool
fiero1
Moving UP!

dark-rider

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2003, 04:19:52 pm »

Grin   Cheesy   ;DGary's right i did use a pair of panthose..... one of my daughter's  pantyhose..... Grin Grin Grin,good one Gary......
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: wheels and tires for sale « previous next »
Jump to: