Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 03:10:21 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: extras found « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: extras found  (Read 3614 times)
fiero308
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2004, 11:07:41 am »

well it is nice to be able to use a really large dia tube etc, but ONLY if it doesn't need a 'kink' somewhere, or have to make a 90 deg bend etc.  If it does, any advantage is most likely lost. 

The modified fiero airbox that Darth used on a 3.4 might not be as undersized as you think, ESPECIALLY if it means the tube to the TB will be quite straight (will it?  I don't know). 

And for air VOLUME issue, you might consider the fact that the 3.4 probably flows as much air volume as a 3800 - it redlines (stock) at 7000.  I am guessing the 3800 redline around 6K somewhere?  You can think about how much air an engine will flow at redline in terms of its displacement times the rpm.  So for a simple volumetric comparison, the 3.4 x 7000 rpm relates to 23800 "UNITS" of airflow.  The 3.8 x 6000 rpm would be 22800 on the same scale; so they are in the same ball park.  And if it avoids ANY kind of elbow or kink, that is a very significant bonus.
Just a thought; for what it is worth.

If you don't like that, I have a hipo 5.0 liter mustang airbox that has a 3.5" dia outlet to the TB.  Again, compare that volumetrically to the 3800 and maybe you are making life a bit difficult for yourself?......... Roll Eyes   It is another 32% larger than the 3800.... Pic attached.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: extras found « previous next »
Jump to: