Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:14:36 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Complete Quad 4 Found « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete Quad 4 Found  (Read 2742 times)
Rob
« on: March 30, 2004, 02:07:27 pm »

Just to let anyone who may be looking for one, i found a car with a 5-speed and a Quad 4 still in it, looks to be well kept, its at the wreckers in Brighton..(this made me laugh because now that Im not planning on doing this swap into my '84 I found a complete nice looking engine!)

Later;
FieroDough
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 02:11:16 pm »

do you know what the asking price was?
2ML67
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 02:51:34 pm »

Its actually a pretty decent yard to deal with if you like I can get a price from him for you. He doesn't sell complete cars though so you would probably have to strip it there.
Rob
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 03:50:19 pm »

no idea what his asking price is,but its usualy really low! But then I dont believe that he offers warrentee, plus you have to pull everything yourself! He really is just a scrapper but lets you into his yard to pick at the cars before he crushes them...

Later;
fiero308
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 03:59:13 pm »

just for the people who are interested, what kind of car is it in?

FieroDough
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 04:03:47 pm »

Sweet! were is this?!?!
Rob
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 04:05:26 pm »

Its not a HO I dont believe... as the Cover doesnt say so.. Its in a '89... Cutlass Ciera, with about 220k on the ODO, but it looks pretty clean.. Im willing to bet that the Head gasket went and they decided not to fix it.

Later;
2ML67
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 08:12:36 pm »

As Rob said it is in Brighton which is about a half an hour from my place. It is called Taft's if you decide to go I can meet you and show you the way. If you are going this far you can stop in Hastings on the way back at their wreckers and look at the series I 3800SC for your self. Hastings also has about three or four Fiero's already picked over.  
Rob
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 08:41:38 pm »

Hmm.. maybe we could make it a group deal then? though Im not often available to just head out.. I go to tafts almost every Tuesday to see if hes got anything great and new in. Plus I always have Fridays off... With Advance notice I could even have Saturdays...

Anyone up for a Group trip to the Yards?
FieroDough
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 08:46:25 pm »

Hmm.. maybe we could make it a group deal then? though Im not often available to just head out.. I go to tafts almost every Tuesday to see if hes got anything great and new in. Plus I always have Fridays off... With Advance notice I could even have Saturdays...

Anyone up for a Group trip to the Yards?

I am in!
Weekends are good for me!

cheers!
Eric
FieroDough
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 01:25:42 pm »

if anyone is heading to the slavage yard...

I need the upper portion of a 92+ VW Golf, 1.8L

it has some kind of sensor in there and mine is shot. its a rectangular box wit a big rubber hose going from it to the engine intake. it also has a rectangular elextrical connector.

Need that. Tongue

If you see one in a yard, can you grab it for me?

Cheers!
Eric
GoFast85
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 01:29:33 pm »

I wil be in Bellville on Saturday am on my past Brighton. You on Dan to take a look?
FieroDough
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 01:35:19 pm »

I want to go as well, are they open on saturday??
Rob
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 11:41:01 am »

Since Saturday is my Work day ( I only work one day a week since im in school in Oshawa) I cant come Sad  but Fiero's and there owners are always welcome at the Subway By the Bridge in Belleville! especialy on Saturdays when Im working!

Later; Rob
fiero308
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 01:36:13 pm »

hey Rob
that's great!
I won't be down for parts on that one but will make a point to drop in and say HI sometime when I am down.....
 Grin
-G
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: Complete Quad 4 Found « previous next »
Jump to: