Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:46:02 am
Home Help Search Login Register

Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: just had accident « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just had accident  (Read 2532 times)
A.K.A
« on: October 06, 2003, 08:02:40 am »

front end damage, no noticable....can some1 please tell me what i could have done to my baby??

thanx

MArc
fiero308
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 08:56:11 am »

well, it is all guesswork across this medium of course.
what did you hit (something moveable or big and fixed?), how fast were you going and did you hit it straighton or at an angle?  what part of the car did it hit? a corner?  centre of the bumper?  a body panel?
Your very best bet of course is to see if a body shop will look it over; most/all will of course altho it will be visual.
I took my car (non-fiero, whew) to a PAINT shop (if you know what i mean) after a rear fender bender and they estimated it at about $250.
I went to Mazda after that and it was $875.  There had been some bending of a frame member because it got hit on a corner.  QUITE a difference.  The first place INSISTED that there was "NO CHANCE" of further damage...........!?!?!!
so don't assume there is very little done........
my two cents.
good luck!
A.K.A
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2003, 11:26:57 am »

well, it is all guesswork across this medium of course.
what did you hit (something moveable or big and fixed?), how fast were you going and did you hit it straighton or at an angle?  what part of the car did it hit? a corner?  centre of the bumper?  a body panel?
Your very best bet of course is to see if a body shop will look it over; most/all will of course altho it will be visual.
I took my car (non-fiero, whew) to a PAINT shop (if you know what i mean) after a rear fender bender and they estimated it at about $250.
I went to Mazda after that and it was $875.  There had been some bending of a frame member because it got hit on a corner.  QUITE a difference.  The first place INSISTED that there was "NO CHANCE" of further damage...........!?!?!!
so don't assume there is very little done........
my two cents.
good luck!

I hit a 95 corolla.....about 2 kmph....I have looked and all the gaps/mounts are there....everything looks straight and no leaks....

I will have a full report when I drop the bumper
I hit him straight on and bent my licence plate braket.....(i will need one now, neone have it?  Grin)
and popped off some bumper clips...lol his car got the worst of it! Thank you crumple zones! I was really freaked out this morning when I posted about the accident and also it was my first one, so I was running on moslty adrenaline and was quick to assume! hopefully any damage I caused will be minor.....
thanx for the info
FieroDough
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2003, 11:50:55 am »

2 km/h?!?!?
Ummmm.. these ar GM cars my friend. I doupt you even scuffed the paint. Tongue

The licence plate fram was probaly made in Japan.  Grin

Unless you hit a relly shar spike and it went through your rad, at that speed you did nothing at all. the bumper flexed. poped some plastic rivets that can be re-used.

2Km/h? if your gonna do somethign, do it right! *lol*

cheers!
Eric
A.K.A
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 11:58:31 am »

2 km/h?!?!?

Unless you hit a relly shar spike and it went through your rad, at that speed you did nothing at all. the bumper flexed. poped some plastic rivets that can be re-used.

cheers!
Eric

bahahahaha yea under closer inspection, all I did was move the cover and a bolt (re-adjusted fine **whew**) and the only damage I did was when I opened the front hood I chipped a dime piece out where the centre bolt lines up.... Angry

kinda a piss off but best of what coulda happened!

haha, the (circa) 1995 corolla I hit had 1250  Shocked worth...and again he was nice enuf to not go thru insurance
WillEV
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2003, 12:10:22 pm »

2 km/h?!?!?

cheers!
Eric

bahahahaha yea under closer inspection, all I did was move the cover and a bolt (re-adjusted fine **whew**) and the only damage I did was when I opened the front hood I chipped a dime piece out where the centre bolt lines up.... Angry

kinda a piss off but best of what coulda happened!

haha, the (circa) 1995 corolla I hit had 1250  Shocked worth...and again he was nice enuf to not go thru insurance

$1250 wow! 2kph where did he get his quote from?? Sounds like hes ripping you off
A.K.A
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2003, 12:15:36 pm »

well I thought so at first...but then I saw the car again....

what happened is this"
I hit him in the left side of the bumper cover on a bit of an angle (right away, a scuff needing paint) and so.... to not damage my rad, I turned a sharp right (more scuffage to him, not me!) and rode up into his left tail lamp/metal work surrounding it, trim piece just above the cover and the plastic unit that reads "corolla"..so I am believing his quote.....
« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 12:16:48 pm by a.k.a » Logged
FieroDough
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2003, 12:39:13 pm »

what happened is this"
I hit him in the left side of the bumper cover on a bit of an angle (right away, a scuff needing paint) and so.... to not damage my rad, I turned a sharp right (more scuffage to him, not me!) and rode up into his left tail lamp/metal work surrounding it, trim piece just above the cover and the plastic unit that reads "corolla"..so I am believing his quote.....

Hahahaha! That is clasic!

"in order not to damage my rad, I dove in to him some more and caused Corola carnage!"

Slowly we are converting him over to our side, soon enough he will be running imports off the road. Tongue

Cheers!
Eric
A.K.A
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2003, 02:04:42 pm »

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

back it up a sec bro!

honda and acura are fine for bootmachine

I HAVE NEVER NEVER THOUGHT A HONDA/IMPORT WAS COOL!!!!the only reason I am representing the prelude club is cuz that is the first online forum I found and the ppl on there are chill...plus I have made lots of money from them (believe me, the cash is in Honda's ,not ponchos! we like our cars with OUR OWN parts, not something we see on supertuner tv or nething  Roll Eyes, and really something to do during the day to pass the time! if there were more bodies on here between 9-5 I would spend all my time here.....)

in my 17 cars I have owned, only 1 was a toyota (120 bucks) and a mazda glc (free from MoM)

and my baybe is still my 1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville
(40.000kms and NO RUST)
Rest assured, I ran more than import CARS off the road haha

so to sum up.......
My tatoo will read GM, my rusted butt cans will read "Prelude" lol
do this clear it up some??
 Wink
Marc

p.s

I know that it was just a poke, but with every joke there is some truth behind it or it wouldn't be funny! Grin

p.p.s.

congrats on the big news! Wishing many years of joy!!

« Last Edit: October 17, 2003, 02:12:29 pm by a.k.a » Logged
Gizmo
FORUM MASTER
Moving UP!

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2003, 04:24:58 pm »

"in order not to damage my rad, I dove in to him some more and caused Corola carnage!"

Slowly we are converting him over to our side, soon enough he will be running imports off the road.   Tongue

L M A O ! !   Grin Grin
WillEV
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2003, 04:35:57 pm »

what happened is this"

ahhh I see what you mean now
A.K.A
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2003, 07:29:50 pm »

kind of a bonehead move alltogether tho!

.....now I know exactly where my hood ends!!!!!
FieroDough
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2003, 08:33:44 am »

it takes some good torque to inflict some sweet Corola carnage at 2km/h. God bless America! Tongue

A.K.A
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2003, 08:47:54 am »

it takes some good torque to inflict some sweet Corola carnage at 2km/h. God bless America! Tongue

yessir!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Ottawa Fiero Club Forum  |  Buy/Sell/Trade  |  Parts  |  Topic: just had accident « previous next »
Jump to: